Pond Boss
I had a guided fishing trip with Double Burger Jr., aka, Burger Cubed.

First, a sample of what I was to expect

The fishing buggy. He even let papaw drive some

He put me on the hot spots

Afterwards, he had chores to do.

That's awesome, burger!

I see an answer to one of Eric's questions about the value of bluegill. I can't even look at those pictures without getting a big grin on my face. \:\) \:\)

Why do we ever need to decide a bluegill, or any other fish for that matter, is trash?

I caught a big carp at Harlan County Reservoir when I was a kid, and it was one of the greatest moments of my life. When I look at the picture it looks just like the look Burger Cubed has on his face in the first picture.

Thanks. \:\)
You're making memories that little guy will never forget. Good on you Burg!
The green boots are the best.

Good family resemblence too!
\:D \:D \:D

The first fish I caught was at a pond in Lamar Co. a few miles from the one above. It was a BG that looked just like the one Double Burger Jr caught. Small cane pole and a cricket were the tools of the day.

Burger if my memory serves me those are the first pics I recall you posting. \:\) They are certainly the best type anyone could post. Whopper (BMOC) and Double Burger Jr. in the same vehicle - what a great sight !!

BTW the water has a nice color and the fish seem to be doing well. Is that a feeding ring in the background?
Hey Burger (and Dbl Burger Jr)...
That was one mini PB convention that was NOT to be missed. Sold out performance...a total winner! \:D
I somewhat disagree with Sunil, tho. I am unable to identify the characteristic pointy noggin on B-3 that Papaw repeatedly uses to secure his prized chapeau.
Great pics, BM. I'm glad someone had a good time.
Burger, thanks for the great pictures and letting us share the moment with you.
Great pictures Burger. You've got the best fishing partner for life there!

That chuck wagon is a cool looking vehicle...got any specs on it?
thanks for the compliments, guys. It is the 1st pics I've posted. I saw that GGP, Dave was nearing posting pics. I knew a supposedly techie couldnt let him beat me. \:\) I just chose the 'used for forums' and they came out a good size.

Sunil, the green froggie boots were picked out online at Academy by Nana. His folks had tried on a big sis's purple boots that we had bought on her 1st fish trip. They were WAY too big. He pitched a 'hissy fit' when they were put up. When I met them and had them in a box, he wore them the entire 6 hr. trip.

Ewest, that is a feed ring. This weekend, I put a caable across the pond and hung a 5 gal. bucket and cheap, after xmas, deer feeder under it. Not too good, but something. My 'Native Outdoors'(Kensco) is still under several ft. of water.

Brettski, little guy got to wear the pointy hat that night. I caught some minnows, when I would put a few in a small container for him to examine, he poured them back into the pond, and giggled. I can only take so much. :rolleyes:

I have to admit, I've never been on a guided expedition in which I've had to change the guide's diaper before we left, though. Maybe one day he will recipricate.
Burger,
Coming from a grandson who has a grandpa getting up in there in age...you're impacting his young life more than you know!

My fondest memories are of fishing and hunting with him and my dad. He introduced me to his passions, and they have become my passions. Those wonderful times have given us a chance to bond, and I feel like I've learned more about life and how to live it because of our times together in the outdoors. He still hunts and fishes avidly at almost 76, and sometimes I can barely keep up with him!

You are creating the same situation with your grandson. Enjoy it while he's young, and he'll appreciate it more than you know when he's older. I can see you and your grandson making even better memories than my grandpa and I.
"I have to admit, I've never been on a guided expedition in which I've had to change the guide's diaper before we left, though. Maybe one day he will recipricate." \:D
Russ, I thought that statement you quoted was one of the best I've seen in a while.

But it's not the grandchildren who will reciprocate, is it? I thought it's the next generation kids.
I love it.
Great pics, nothing better than a smiling kiddo!!
Good to have you back around FMB. Oh, forgot to tell y'all; that little tractor belonged to his dad 30 some odd years ago. The wife saves everything. The white pvc is what he gasses it up with.
© Pond Boss Forum