Pond Boss
Posted By: Tayten b white Sucker forage,food,fun - 12/08/17 02:05 PM
So I was thinking the bait store sells small baby white suckers as bait. So if I bought some of the large 12-15 inch muskie suckers and released them in a 80-40 ft pond that is 18 ft deep with aerator Could they survive and reproduce and make baby suckers to feed a breeding population of walleyes,perch,crappies,bluegills, and hybrid bluegills and The one 15 inch lMB. There is lots of cray fish and a decent amount of fathead minnows. I have fished other private ponds and caught sucker in the 15-18 inch range and we kept them and they had a really white meat like tilapia we fried them and they tasted like perch and they put of a really good fight harder than bluegills, and rival some fights i have had with the smaller small mouth bass evan jumping out of the water. anybody think this is a good idea
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: white Sucker forage,food,fun - 12/08/17 04:56 PM
We have had white suckers in our perch pond by acident since 2012. They are in the 12-18" range. We have not seen any reproduction even with a waterfall that runs 24/7 365. We catch them in the spring and fall under the waterfall. We have been not placing any we catch back into the pond. They have been keeping our pond turbid with being mostly active in the bottom of the pond. Our best visibility is 30" in winter can 12-18" in the summer.
Posted By: Tayten b Re: white Sucker forage,food,fun - 12/08/17 05:45 PM
Thank you Don and I know people who have sucker that dont reproduce and some do
© Pond Boss Forum