Pond Boss
hey guys been awhile! well friday my order from Suttle fish farm came in of 600 CNBG now I already had a couple hundred CNBG from the once the hatched from the spawn during the summer from the 8 adult CNBG I put in from my grandpas pond. well here is the video hope yall like it and look forward to hearing your comments and questions!

Stocking Coppernose Bluegill
Posted By: RER Re: Stocked 600 CNBG from Suttle fish farm! - 12/19/16 02:55 AM
You sure do have a nice body of water!
Thankd bobby! I need to do a video giving a overview of the pond and the structure i have in it so far
has anyone else stocked CNBG from suttle?
Posted By: ewest Re: Stocked 600 CNBG from Suttle fish farm! - 12/26/16 06:28 PM
Yes and LSU used some in one of their studies. The fish should be fine but never assume any hatchery has the right answers or can deliver as promised. Thanks for the vid. ! Were there any predators in the pond?
Posted By: snrub Re: Stocked 600 CNBG from Suttle fish farm! - 12/26/16 09:08 PM
Originally Posted By: BobbyRice

Bobby that sounds like a pickup line used in a bar right after attending Pond Boss convention meeting. grin
Originally Posted By: ewest
Yes and LSU used some in one of there studies. The fish should be fine but never assume any hatchery has the right answers or can deliver as promised. Thanks for the vid. ! Were there any predators in the pond?

no only FHM bass will go in the pond june/july time frame then just watch them grow smile
Pond update! With the lack of rain the pond has gone down ALOT, looks like im never gonna get to full pool lol. anyway all the CNBG I stocked and the ones that were from last springs spawn are about 3-4" and know where the feeder is and when to be there! My FHM seem to have exploded!! which I love because I know that will equal alot of food for my bass finglerings! question though, what is the normal growth rate for CNBG in the south?
Originally Posted By: snrub
Originally Posted By: BobbyRice

Bobby that sounds like a pickup line used in a bar right after attending Pond Boss convention meeting. grin

Question: How well does that line work?

Answer: It depends! whistle
Posted By: ewest Re: Stocked 600 CNBG from Suttle fish farm! - 05/22/17 02:16 PM
CNBG growth in the south depends on several factors the biggest being amount of available food !!! With plenty of food they can be 8+ inches at one year. SRAC fact sheets provide that under those conditions BG yoy can grow an inch a month in year 1.

This CNBG was on feed and was 9 months old.

Finally getting some rain! the pond is slowly coming back up. I am happy to say my CNBG I got from suttle fish farm are now lil butter balls! they are just about wide as they are long lol right now they range from 4"-5". Also there are thousands of new fingerling CNBG that have hatched this year all around the pond!! So when I get my bass in a couple weeks they should have plenty of food to get them off to a good start! plus going to add golden shiners soon!
Make sure those bass are keeping both populations of GS and BG thinned a bit to dissuade over-competition and thus skinnier fish. It appears like your pond is heading in the right direction quick!
Thank you gill hope to be pulling 3 lb bass or better out of my pond in 3 years!
My CNBG have been in the pond now for 7 month eating a diet of 36% protein fish food, what size should they be around for good growth?
Posted By: ewest Re: Stocked 600 CNBG from Suttle fish farm! - 07/12/17 01:14 AM
That would depend on many factors especially competition for food amongst the new generation. The original stockers could easily be 8 inches by 8 mths.
© Pond Boss Forum