Pond Boss
Posted By: Dinsmoreoutdoors Starting to stock my pond! - 05/27/16 09:27 PM
Well just yesterday I added 16 brooders to my pond, 8 CNBG and 8 Redbreast. They are not the biggest but they mean alot to me because they came from my Grandpa`s pond the I fished all my life growing up, and now I have a lil bit of that in my pond. I took some under water video and even got some of a pair of shell cracker on there bed. Also there a fingerling bass every where!! Plan on making a trip to the river to get some brooder shell cracker and bigger CNBG. I still plan on ordering 1,000 CNBG and shell cracker fingerlings soon now that I have my feeder. enjoy the pics and video and feel free to comment, keep checking in for updates as I get more fish in!

Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Starting to stock my pond! - 05/27/16 10:11 PM
Great story. Your Grandpa's legacy will continue for generations to come.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Starting to stock my pond! - 05/27/16 11:02 PM
Wonderful video! I think that was a redbreast around 3:12, right? Gorgeous fish, wish I had some like that!
Posted By: Dinsmoreoutdoors Re: Starting to stock my pond! - 05/28/16 02:44 AM
Yea im sure he would be proud! and thank you for watching!
Posted By: Dinsmoreoutdoors Re: Starting to stock my pond! - 05/28/16 02:46 AM
Originally Posted By: anthropic
Wonderful video! I think that was a redbreast around 3:12, right? Gorgeous fish, wish I had some like that!

Thank you very much, and yes it was. Made sure to add some to my pond because I haven`t seen any place that offered red breast finglerings, but means more that mine can from my childhood pond
Posted By: TKD Re: Starting to stock my pond! - 06/20/16 10:16 PM
Awesome video. Good luck with the stocking.
Posted By: Dinsmoreoutdoors Re: Starting to stock my pond! - 06/24/16 03:47 PM
So I took a walk around the pond this morning, has came up a couple feet but here we go again with no rain frown Also a week ago I tried to order some CNBG fingerlings with no luck :(, but my walk around the pond gave me a VERY nice and un expected surprise! I found where one of my only 18 ether CNBG or Redbrest had made a bed! there was no one on it so dont know if the male gave up or I came by to late and they have already layed there eggs and hatched, If so my Grandpa`s pond legacy lives on in my pond and I got some free fish i didnt have to pay for haha!
© Pond Boss Forum