Pond Boss
Hey guy,

Well first off IM BACK!!! Me and all my guys made it back safe from deployment, so I have been hard at it on the pond. Any way with only bait shops having FHM I got 300 from the local bait store before I broke down and ordered a thousand FHM from Anderson minnow. Came out to be $110 for thoughs wondering. I just wish they wouldnt use FedEx I have NEVER had good luck with them. I was watching the tracking and it said they were delivered to my house when they were not. So called them up and told them I didnt get my order. Turned out the drive took my minnows to the wrong address in even the WRONG TOWN!!! so my FHM were late getting to me. Once I got them I grabbed my camera and made a short lil video of me stocking them into my pond which the link will be below, give it a thumbs up if ya like it. Since it is a new pond I am gonna take the fish food I have and put it in my lil blender and make a crumble and feed them once a day to get them off to a good start. Look forward to yall`s commants!

Nice video!

Wow, you have some clear water!

They will really go after the feed.
Thanks snrub! I have a couple of cinder blocks and a big concrete culvert they love!
First off, thank you for your service and welcome home. Good luck with the pond, looks like your off to a good start. Nice video.
Thank you very much! there will be alot more video`s to come now that im back home!
Glad you and your Buddies made it home safely! With respect to the video.....OUTSTANDING!
Des, glad u all made it home safely smile
Great video, The music selection worked really well with your video. I wish I knew how to make one that would come close to what you did here.

Tracy
Welcome home and nice video.
Thanks guys! Glad yall liked the video, there will be more to come that are alot more im depth
Welcome back. I did 2 tours myself so I know it's no fun. Enjoy your pond, it looks fantastic.
Looks like your going to lose a few to shipping stress but with a 1,000 of them you should have plenty enough to kick start things once they start breeding. With that clear water it will be really neat to see clouds of those things swimming around.
Nice vid work. The underwater views are great ! A pallet will work well with FH.

Welcome home and thanks for your sacrifice for all of our freedoms.
Thanks Ewest! I have pallets towers put around the pond now but the water is still low, but I do have a big concrete culvert they all hang out in and some cinder block here and there they get in and hang out. I have seen some males already defending eggs!! hope to be adding my new bluegill and shell cracker finglerings soon!
Great video, What are you using to film?
Originally Posted By: TKD
Great video, What are you using to film?

Using my Gopro hero 4, picked it up when I was on deployment to so folks what I was doing over in africa
Was walking around the pond yesterday and there are baby FHMs every were!! glad to know they are spawning! between them and the CNBG should be plenty of food for my LMB when I get them in the spring
Glad to hear they are spawning already. What were temps like when you ordered? I live a little north of you and when I talked to them they said I should wait until it cools because of shipping in the heat.

But I know it is normally hot in May also so I was debating going ahead and ordering.
Nice,
the FHM will be a good starter but will soon be gone after the bass are put in. CNBG will make good forage. Are you going to have any other forage fish for them to eat on or are you just going to have CNBG and LMB in the pond?
Not sure if you were asking me or the original poster? I am going to have FHM, CNBG and Golden Shiners. That is all
thank you for your service and I like your video. I would say if you like your clear water dont stock catfish
Originally Posted By: james holt
thank you for your service and I like your video. I would say if you like your clear water dont stock catfish

thank you! the clear water does look nice but it will go away when I fertilize in the spring, my goal is big bass more than any thing else, I want to be able to catch 2-4lb bass regularly with a torphy in there too smile
© Pond Boss Forum