Pond Boss
Posted By: HarryS Howdy All from North Texas Hill Country - 07/25/19 03:36 PM

Just wanted to drop my introduction since I've been lurking here for a few months. Just bought a property near Saint Jo, Texas that has a little over 1/4 acre pond on it. Been told it's about 18 feet deep, though I haven't verified that yet. It was full of frogs and turtles when I moved in about 6 weeks ago. Old owner said it'd never been stocked.

About 5 weeks ago.... yeah it took a week to get around to it... I threw in 2 1/2 lbs of FHM, 50 3-4" CNBG and 10 5-6" CC. I reckon that was a good start. Will toss in a few HSB this fall to help control the CNBG and then in the Spring a few Tilapia to keep the FA under control.

Those FHM got right to it and saw the first fry on the second week... now seeing about 4 different sizes. Took a while before I saw my first CNBG... That was about 3 weeks after I put em in, but they'd grown quite a bit. Last Sunday was down at the pond and was watching about 8-9 circles appear in the pond bottom about a foot across. Each one had a CNBG circling it. Ain't these guys a bit young to be spawning?

So last night went down with a spotlight to see if I could find a CC... sure nuff, saw on sniffing around one the CNBG circles.

Anyway... First post went a bit long. Gonna try and put some eye candy in here.

Gators... Harry

Congrats on the beautiful place. Welcome to the forum.
Nice looking place. You got it stocked just in time before the water heated too much. You're probably going to nuke the weeds.

My place is just South of Bowie.
Posted By: Flame Re: Howdy All from North Texas Hill Country - 07/26/19 12:12 PM
Good looking place. Congratulations!! And welcome from deep east Texas!!
© Pond Boss Forum