Pond Boss
Posted By: Hbound201 Hello from virginia - 06/11/19 03:59 AM
Well kinda we are moving to virginia from indiana.

A few of the houses we are looking at have small ponds on them so I'd like to learn more about how to maintain them if we do. Also I own a farm pond in south georgia that needs a lot of TLC
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Hello from virginia - 06/12/19 09:44 AM
Welcome to the show.
Posted By: nvcdl Re: Hello from virginia - 06/12/19 09:24 PM
Welcome - what area(s) are you looking at?
Posted By: Hbound201 Re: Hello from virginia - 06/13/19 11:30 PM
Near salem area. The two houses I like are in new castle. It isnt certain we will get it but I'm crossing my fingers. Either way I've got a pond back in georgia that needs help.
Posted By: Heppy Re: Hello from virginia - 06/15/19 03:11 AM
Welcome to Virginia Hbound201! Both Salem and New Castle are near my neck of the woods. I’m no expert but someone should be along shortly. How big, old, watershed, and what problem are you facing in the Georgia pond!
Heppy
Posted By: saint_abyssal Re: Hello from virginia - 06/15/19 03:17 AM
Howdy!
Posted By: Hbound201 Re: Hello from virginia - 06/15/19 08:14 PM
Probably 100 acres of watershed to the pound but it is fields so fertilizer run off is high causing algae issue.

It has a lily pad issue is the major problem but algae is another problem as well.
Posted By: Heppy Re: Hello from virginia - 06/15/19 10:12 PM
Hbound201,
How big is the pond with 100 acres of agricultural runoff? When was the pond built? Are grass carp or tilapia available in Georgia? Can you divert the runoff around the pond? Like I said I’m no expert but I’ve been reading enough of the Pond Boss forum to know that Greg Grimes would be the expert from Georgia. I hope this helps.
Heppy
© Pond Boss Forum