Pond Boss
Posted By: Newblood75 Howdy from Terrell Texas - 05/27/19 12:00 PM
Howdy all. I just purchased a home on 2.5ac in the Terrell Texas area. It has a .20ac pond in the back that was built 25 years ago. I have never had a pond and this is a completely new area for me. The previous owner said it had blue gill and catfish stocked when built. They also did nothing as far as maintenance or management for it. It currently has a lot of plant/algae growth going on that I have no clue about. Would like to clean it up and create a healthy small fishing and aesthetic pond. I look forward to reading and learning a ton on the site.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Howdy from Terrell Texas - 05/27/19 02:24 PM
Welcome,

My best advise is go slow, and learn before you spend money.
Posted By: Zep Re: Howdy from Terrell Texas - 05/27/19 10:13 PM
Welcome to Pond Boss. I had a steak last night at Cole Mountain in Terrell. Your algae growth in a pond that size should be relatively easy to solve. Without pictures it is hard to make complete suggestions, but for algae I've had good luck with Cutrine Plus Granules. I just throw the Cutrine Plus Granules out with a gloved hand on to the top of the algae. It's best to distribute on a sunny low wind day. Note: Be very careful with chems in water because too much can cause a fish-kill. Do just a very small area at a time and then wait about 10 days or so to do next small area.
© Pond Boss Forum