Pond Boss
Posted By: advangler Hi, First small pond build OTW - 06/26/18 01:14 AM
Hi guys and gals, I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to build a pretty small pond just for me and my daughter mostly. By the time she's old enough currently 2 the fish and pond should be complete. Hopefully get to talk to some of you all soon.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Hi, First small pond build OTW - 06/26/18 03:07 AM
Welcome to Pond Boss! Lots of advice here, most of it good. wink
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Hi, First small pond build OTW - 06/26/18 09:34 AM
Welcome to PB. To start, I would go to the Pond Boss store and buy Mike Otto's book, "Just Add Water". It will be the cheapest part of the process.
Posted By: Flame Re: Hi, First small pond build OTW - 06/26/18 03:03 PM
Welcome from deep east Texas!! Good advise so far already. I might suggest subscribing to Pond Boss Magazine. Lots of good stuff!! How large a pond are you thinking?? How will it fill with water??
Posted By: CMM Re: Hi, First small pond build OTW - 06/26/18 04:33 PM
advangler,

Welcome! Be careful, ponds and pond building can be addictive. So many options, so much fun.
Kudos for sharing fishing with your daughter, my dad is 78 and we are still making fishing memories together.

Glad you found this group.
Posted By: snrub Re: Hi, First small pond build OTW - 06/26/18 06:29 PM
Originally Posted By: advangler
Hi guys and gals, I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to build a pretty small pond just for me and my daughter mostly. By the time she's old enough currently 2 the fish and pond should be complete. Hopefully get to talk to some of you all soon.

Welcome to the forum advangler.

Here is a link to a list of specialty ponds I keep track of. They mostly consists of small ponds. When you said "small" pond that can mean different things to different people. Heck if you are from Texas it might mean 10 acres. But it might also mean measured in square feed. So this link might lead you to smaller ponds than you had in mind. But there are lots of great ideas for what I consider "small ponds" in the link.

Let us better know what you had in mind as for the size, what fish you want, etc. In other words some goals for your pond.

Specialty/forage/sediment/tiny ponds links
© Pond Boss Forum