Pond Boss
Posted By: Shooter Hybrid New Member - 05/21/18 04:13 PM
Just wanted to say howdy. I have two ponds. One strictly catfish and the other has bass and blue gill. Both are a little over 1 acre surface area and are 12' deep. Getting ready to restock the catfish pond with Hybrid Catfish but having a problem with water clarity. Hopefully I can learn a few things here to help me reach my goal. The catfish pond is 10 years old and the bass pond is 40 years old. I'm located in Robertson County, TX. Looking forward to getting help from the masters.
Posted By: Cisco Re: New Member - 05/21/18 05:34 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood! Look at the muddy water thread, lots of good info there
Posted By: snrub Re: New Member - 05/21/18 07:47 PM
Welcome to the forum.

There are a lot of Texas guys on here that can give you good advice for your area.
Posted By: smokey Re: New Member - 05/21/18 08:31 PM
Shooter welcome to the forum.

I am by no means any kind of expert but I am sure some will come along shortly. Has the pond always been muddy or is this a new problem that just started? How far down into the water can you see? Do you have exposed clay around the pond that is exposed to runoff? Have you had your water tested by a lab to see the make up of the water? (A&M does this for a small cost) As Brian said there is a lot of useful information from existing post you should read.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: New Member - 05/21/18 10:58 PM
Not a lot of Masters on here. Mostly students that have learned and are still learning.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: New Member - 05/22/18 02:06 AM
Welcome shooter to the forum .. read read read and ask questions .ditto what Dave said
© Pond Boss Forum