Pond Boss
Posted By: Patassa Hello from South Louisiana - 03/04/18 01:27 PM
Hello y’all...Yet another new member here. My name’s Joe. Screen name’s pronounced “Pah-tah-sah” which means BREAM in Cajun French. Dug my 1 acre pond in November of 2016 to use the heavy clay soil to build up foundations for a new home and a work shop. Pond’s 13ft deep and has 3 shallower ledges dropping down to the middle. I’ve built/incorporated lots of pvc and natural structure and placed it in. Been waiting patiently since then for mother nature to give me enough water to stock my fish. Well, yesterday was the day. Put 1000 coppernose, 300 redear(aka chinquapin), and about 1000 fathead minnows. I’ve been lurking here for the last year, and figured I’d register to say thanks for all of the great info and knowledge. Looking forward to posting many pics of my pond and fish.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Hello from South Louisiana - 03/04/18 01:45 PM
Welcome, glad to see a Cajun on board smile
Posted By: ewest Re: Hello from South Louisiana - 03/04/18 05:04 PM
Welcome to PB posting. Glad you joined in. Stocking day is always fun ! Where did you get your fish?
Posted By: snrub Re: Hello from South Louisiana - 03/04/18 05:36 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Posted By: Patassa Re: Hello from South Louisiana - 03/04/18 05:41 PM
Thanks. Shepherd’s hatchery in Maurice, La.
Posted By: CMM Re: Hello from South Louisiana - 03/04/18 07:35 PM
Glad you are here. We all look forward to your pictures and tales of how the pond progresses.
Posted By: Flame Re: Hello from South Louisiana - 03/04/18 11:48 PM
Welcome, don't forget to subscribe to the great Pond Boss Magazine!! I am so far in Deep East Texas in Sabine County I always say we can smell ya'lls crawdads boil!!! We're so close!! Enjoy this forum as we all have.
Posted By: stickem' Re: Hello from South Louisiana - 03/07/18 01:16 AM
Welcome to Pond Boss.....Tons of good info and helpful folks here. My family is from Church Point, LA. My family owned the land that the old Canal Refinery now sits on...Send pics of your pond when you have time.
Posted By: TKD Re: Hello from South Louisiana - 03/07/18 01:54 AM
Welcome Stickem, I am not to far from you. I am in Jennings. It's really fun watching them grow. I am fixing to work on getting my pond clear. Mine is like yours as in a lot of clay so it has suspended clay which makes it dirty.
© Pond Boss Forum