Pond Boss
Posted By: Dleiser New guy from south Mississippi - 02/23/17 10:18 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and to tell everyone thanks for the great information here.

I recently bought a piece of property that has two well aged and unmaintained ponds. I'm in the process of trying to restore the ponds to their former glory. The larger pond is about 1.25 acres and the smaller is about .3 acres. The larger pond has a sizeable population of LMB which are stunted and BG which are few and far between but are rather large in size. I have been culling al of the bass that I can catch and have stocked an additional 600 3-5" CNBG, 3000 FHM along with a few grass carp.

The smaller pond was pretty much void of any fish, and I stocked it with 400 3-5" CNB and 400 CC in January 2017. I have also installed feeders at both ponds.

Thanks again and any advice or ideas are greatly appreciated.

David
Posted By: ewest Re: New guy from south Mississippi - 02/24/17 02:33 AM
Welcome ! What are your goals. 400 CC for that size pond is a lot.
Posted By: Dleiser Re: New guy from south Mississippi - 02/24/17 03:05 AM
My plan is to transplant 1/2 of the CC to the larger pond once they are large enough to not become a snack for the bass. Whether or not this will work is TBD. My goal for the smaller pond is to have a place to take the grandkids fishing and catch a few fish without them losing interest.
Posted By: stickem' Re: New guy from south Mississippi - 02/28/17 11:59 PM
Dleiser,
Welcome to Pond Boss, tons of good info and helpful folks here.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: New guy from south Mississippi - 03/01/17 12:11 PM
Catching 200 cats can be a problem. Those suckers can get hook shy in a hurry.
Posted By: Dleiser Re: New guy from south Mississippi - 03/10/17 04:23 PM
The shape and depth of the pond will hopefully work in my favor to seine the CC. It may not work, but I think that will be the best option. either that or it will take a really long time to transplant them by hook and line.
© Pond Boss Forum