Pond Boss
Posted By: Bobbss New Member From High Ridge Mo. - 10/28/16 06:35 PM
Hi everyone,from new member in High Ridge,in Jefferson County Missouri.I found this site a few days ago doing a search on Bottom Withdrawal Spillways,and have been doing lots of reading every since,and knew I had to join.Last Spring my wife and I bought 23 acres just down the road from where we live now,to build on in the next year or two.The land is rough,mostly wooded and hilly,so our first step is to get some clearing done and I hope to get a 1/2+ acre pond done at the same time,if the budget allows.We are working on pricing now and hope to get started in the next few months.There is an old pond about a 1/8 acre (not where the new one will be),but it's in real bad shape.The Dam is over grown and it's filled in pretty bad and only has a few feet of water.I may try to save it later.I'm really glad I found this site,it looks like a great place to learn.
Bob
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: New Member From High Ridge Mo. - 10/28/16 11:20 PM
Welcome Bob
Posted By: Bill D. Re: New Member From High Ridge Mo. - 10/28/16 11:27 PM
Welcome to PBF Bob!

Exciting time for you and your wife. My advice is do your homework before you turn that first shovel of dirt and make sure you have a guy that has a good reputation for digging ponds do the work.

Again, welcome!

Bill D.
Posted By: Rainman Re: New Member From High Ridge Mo. - 10/28/16 11:44 PM
Welcome to the forum Bobbss!!!

I'm close to you in Maryland Heights and siphons are one of my specialties....always happy to help if wanted!
Posted By: Bobbss Re: New Member From High Ridge Mo. - 10/29/16 03:27 AM
Thanks,what all do you do?
Originally Posted By: Rainman
Welcome to the forum Bobbss!!!

I'm close to you in Maryland Heights and siphons are one of my specialties....always happy to help if wanted!
Posted By: Rainman Re: New Member From High Ridge Mo. - 10/30/16 02:25 AM
PM sent to you
Posted By: snrub Re: New Member From High Ridge Mo. - 10/30/16 03:41 AM
Welcome to the forum. Getting to be lots of PBF'ers here in the middle of the country!

I think you made a wise decision to create a new pond rather than trying to refurbish the old. Plus you may be able to salvage the old pond later for a forage pond or "trash" pond where you have a place to put otherwise unwanted fish. A trash pond can make a wonderful kids pond where they catch a fish every time they throw the line in.

Good luck and you are in good pond company here on PBF.
Posted By: Bobbss Re: New Member From High Ridge Mo. - 10/30/16 11:45 PM
Thanks for all of the hellos!
Posted By: CMM Re: New Member From High Ridge Mo. - 10/30/16 11:58 PM
Bobbss,

Another welcome, I am an hour or a bit more ssw of Jeff City. Also another vote to do your home work and set some goals before you get started. It will pay off in time saved, money saved, heart and head aches saved.

Take lots of pictures too!
Posted By: Jimmi Re: New Member From High Ridge Mo. - 10/31/16 01:37 AM
Howdy neighbor. I'm over here at Desoto. Been a life-long resident of Jefferson County. Been through High Ridge many times over the years.

My advise is to get a subscription to Pond Boss Mag as soon as you can. By the time you're ready to build you'll have a nice base of knowledge to build on. The articles are astounding and will add many times over to even the amazing amounts of knowledge you can get from the forums.

I've got a great pond builder if you're interested. He'll work by the hour too which I think gives you a lot more control over costs as you go. If you do bids the guy's got to make sure he covers any unforeseen events which may run up the costs. Just my opinion anyway.

Welcome to the forum!
Posted By: Bobbss Re: New Member From High Ridge Mo. - 11/01/16 03:22 AM
Thanks,I've spent a lot of time in Desoto area years ago,and lived in the Hillsboro area till I was 16.I would be interested in your pond builder,can you give me his info?
Thanks!Bob
Posted By: Jimmi Re: New Member From High Ridge Mo. - 11/02/16 04:07 PM
I PM'd you.
© Pond Boss Forum