Pond Boss
Posted By: beefys New Member in Arkansas - 10/21/16 03:19 AM
We just bought a property in Northwest Arkansas partially because it has a 3/4 acre pond. What I know about the pond is that there were fish in it as recently as the 1960's. It has been used only to water cows forever, the dam is about 20 feet tall, it has never gone dry, has fallen trees in it and is so full of duckweed I can't see any water. And if you stand and look at for it too long you will get Chigger bites.

This is going to be an adventure. Thanks in advance for the help. crazy
Posted By: Rainman Re: New Member in Arkansas - 10/21/16 03:40 AM
Welcome to the forum, beefys!!!

Chiggers are everywhere, so I'm guessing you're allergic to their bites....my wife is also, and I never show a sign of a bite.

Fish as "recently" as the 1960's??? If it has been 50 years without any management, and had lots of cattle, it is likely pretty shallow from soils moving to the deepest areas, and loaded with lots and lots of smaller size fish.
Posted By: snrub Re: New Member in Arkansas - 10/21/16 03:53 AM
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new pond adventure.
Posted By: John Fitzgerald Re: New Member in Arkansas - 10/21/16 02:33 PM
We are in the same area. Please let me know if you need help. I renovated a pond in August 2015.
Posted By: peachgrower Re: New Member in Arkansas - 10/21/16 08:58 PM
Hey!! Welcome from the southwest! I have family in your area. Two sisters live there with their families. This is a great place to be, you'll learn ALOT! I wish I would've found it before I started my pond!
Posted By: stickem' Re: New Member in Arkansas - 10/24/16 10:25 PM
Welcome beefys,
I was up in the Cabot, AR area last week visiting family. Pretty country up there. Tons of good info and lots of good helpful folks here.
© Pond Boss Forum