Pond Boss
Posted By: syre9801 Hi from the 10,000 lake state!!! - 07/30/16 03:01 PM
Hi,

I've been looking at the this site for years now and am getting close to convincing my father to sell me the home farm. It's 80 acres with a natural stream running through the property. The stream is small but I've only seen it completely dry twice in my 40 years. It's feed by field run off mainly. My plan is to dig a pond 1-2 acres using the stream as a means to fill and keep full with some natural flow. No real plans in place but I like the idea of having my own "On Mutt Pond" someday. I'm thinking SMB,WE,BG?,Black Crappie?,YP....... Yes I know I said crappie, just don't take my birthday away!!!!
Posted By: dg84s Re: Hi from the 10,000 lake state!!! - 07/30/16 05:50 PM
Welcome to the group.
Here's a free PDF from the NRCS about pond building that is informative (but maybe more technical than you want) https://nrcspad.sc.egov.usda.gov/DistributionCenter/product.aspx?ProductID=115
Posted By: stickem' Re: Hi from the 10,000 lake state!!! - 07/30/16 09:32 PM
syre9801,
Welcome to Pond Boss...tons of good info and a bunch of helpful folks here....
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Hi from the 10,000 lake state!!! - 07/30/16 10:39 PM
Hope things go your way. I harp about this all the time but think it over. Just imagine what ya could do with 2-3 1/2 acre and 2-3 1/4 or smaller ponds instead of one big one. Since ya been lurkin for a while ya surely have seen pics of the incredible fish Cecil raises in very small BOWs. Small ponds are easier to manage.
© Pond Boss Forum