Pond Boss
Posted By: TNTurkey Building a Pond in Tennessee - 09/10/15 12:34 PM
Hi!
I've been lurking on the forum for a while now trying to get as much information as I can about building a pond on my 80 acre farm in TN.
Choices for a site on the property are very limited by the terrain. The farm is basically a hollow with a blue line stream surrounded by steep ridges. On the plus side, the watershed is huge-far more than I need for the 3/4 acre pond.
TN regulations prohibit damming a blue line stream, so the water will be supplied by diverting the flow, and by rain water.
My biggest hurdle right now is power supply. I want to build a waterfall for aesthetics and aeration but I'm not having much luck finding a solar charged battery powered pump that will do the job.
I'll post this problem/question in the appropriate section of the forum, but if anybody has a solution, please reply.
In the meantime, I'm looking forward to being a more active forum member.
Thanks,
Phil Hopkins
Posted By: Peon Re: Building a Pond in Tennessee - 10/09/15 12:49 AM
Phil.

I am looking for someone in the area as well. I'm in Jonesborough. Let's keep each other updated if either of us finds someone.

Brian Cahalane
Posted By: highflyer Re: Building a Pond in Tennessee - 10/09/15 02:01 AM
Phil and Brian,

What is the scope of your projects? How much water do you want to lift? How high? How many hours a day?

Without stating your goals, I doubt anyone can point you in the right direction.

Also, are you the type that can install systems like this or are you expecting a "turn key" system?
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Building a Pond in Tennessee - 10/09/15 02:18 AM
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your projects.
Posted By: Peon Re: Building a Pond in Tennessee - 10/12/15 02:07 AM
Thx Brian and your right of course. I posted a synopsis in my new member introduction post. I would appreciate any thoughts.
© Pond Boss Forum