Pond Boss
Posted By: INGrandad Hello from Indiana - 08/16/15 11:55 PM
Greetings folks, from northern Indiana. Had a pond dug last week, about 2/3 acre. Been 20 years since I had a pond, really looking forward to it. Been throwing stump rootballs in it at the far end, rolled in a fresh cut 35' red oak. Thinking maybe some hardwood pallets and calling it good for now. Looking forward to browsing all the good info here.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/17/15 12:48 AM
Welcome to PB! No fish stocked yet? I ask because the oak might not be in their best interests, health wise.
Posted By: stickem' Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/17/15 01:26 AM
INGrandad,
Welcome to Pond Boss...Tons of good info and helpful folks here.
stickem'
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/17/15 01:48 AM
InGrandad,

What part of Indiana you at? I'm in the northeastern area.

No need to post excact location.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/17/15 02:34 AM
Welcome Ngrandad. I would think twice about the oak. Some have pretty lethal tanins.
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/17/15 03:18 AM
Welcome, you're located close to two of the best here. Cecil and Bill Cody are both generous sharing their knowledge. That is the main reason I have a nice pond.
I'm a grandpa also and can offer good advice on how ta mess with the grandkids.
Posted By: tubguy Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/17/15 10:47 AM
Welcome Grandad!
Always glad to have another Hoosier on the forum.I enjoy reading the forum daily.It has amazed me how much valuable info is available thru the forum.The forum members have been really helpful and eager to answer all my silly questions. On the flip side though, each day I realize how little I really know.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/17/15 04:18 PM
Read through this lengthy thread about structure ideas for ponds. Numerous options for types of fish to stock. You definitely do not have to go the bass bluegill catfish route.
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92463#Post92463
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/21/15 12:22 PM
Bob I think we scared him off!
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/21/15 01:37 PM
If that's the case it was you and Cody. On the other hand if he's like me he may be waiting for one of his grandkids ta help him post again.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/21/15 02:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Bob-O
If that's the case it was you and Cody. On the other hand if he's like me he may be waiting for one of his grandkids ta help him post again.

Naah told him in a PM if he told us where it was you'd be skinny dipping in it.

He's gone now!
Posted By: Ben Adducchio Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/21/15 09:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Originally Posted By: Bob-O

Naah told him in a PM if he told us where it was you'd be skinny dipping in it.

He's gone now!

What kind of trip did you 2 have to Shelby Fish Farm?!?!?!?!?!
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/21/15 10:02 PM
Ben, don't think that I am at all included in Cecils college days flashbacks. It's hard ta believe but I was the responsible one on that "trip".
After the last several posts it's no wonder Grandpa ran and hid. He knows he is probably way too close, maybe even in between our locations.
Posted By: Ben Adducchio Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/21/15 10:47 PM
Poor guy wound up in CecilBob sandwich
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/21/15 10:48 PM
Eeww! LOL
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/22/15 12:01 AM
The fact that you two know what that means and I and probably Bob doesn't says a lot.

grin

Now git yer minds out of the gutter before grandpa's first thread gets deleted. I was told once by the big Kahuna this is a family site!

grin
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/22/15 12:28 AM
Cecil, I know what ben is referring to and I agree with Pat...Eewww but no LOL.
Ben I intentionally included "location" in that statement to specifically avoid such a slam as you just delivered. Thanks!!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/22/15 02:30 AM
Well my apologies if I flubbed this one up and offended anyone.

Comedy was never my forte. I think I'm even worse at catching the humor. Edith Bunker was a genius compared to me. I better leave it to you guys.
Posted By: Ben Adducchio Re: Hello from Indiana - 08/22/15 03:23 AM
I just like saying "CecilBob," it rolls off the tongue. Cecil, you keep serving them up, Edith Bunker, really...
© Pond Boss Forum