Pond Boss
Posted By: Drahts Another New Guy - 05/27/15 02:17 PM
Hi, my name is Doug, I retire in Feb 16. In the short time I have viewed this forum, I have learned a ton. Still millions of tons to learn but that's why I joined and donated. Advice here is priceless. Love the magazine. I am really enjoying learning from lessons learned, and seeing the builds going on. The forum has a vast resource of knowledge, both already written and stored in many members braincells. What I can't find in writings, I'll try to glean from the forums many brainstores! smile

But I'll say thank you in advance for the sharing of this info.
Doug
Posted By: Rainman Re: Another New Guy - 05/27/15 02:23 PM
Welcome, Drahts!! It is great to see so many new members joining the ranks here!
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Another New Guy - 05/27/15 03:10 PM
Welcome aboard Doug.
Posted By: stickem' Re: Another New Guy - 05/27/15 04:23 PM
Welcome to Pond Boss, Doug....Tons of good info here and nice helpful folks...shoot some pics of your project when you have time.
Posted By: mpc Re: Another New Guy - 05/27/15 06:02 PM
Welcome Drahts and congrats on retirement. I will be retired soon,but will be jealous until then!!!!

If you have not built a pond yet, you are at the right place at the best time. If you have a pond and want to better manage and enjoy it you will save time and money with the advice you get here.

Good luck on your endeavors. Keep reading and researching and clicking on links, so much knowledge and so little time to learn for me.
Posted By: Drahts Re: Another New Guy - 06/03/15 05:41 PM
We are trying to purchase a place either with an existing pond or a property we can build one on. We have to wait for one of our two homes to sell before we can lock onto what we want but we are in the process of looking now. Fingers crossed. Watched a nice property slip away last month, but it must not have been meant to be or the Lord would have seen different. We are patient, not in a huge hurry. Appreciate the welcomes!

Doug
Posted By: Sunil Re: Another New Guy - 06/03/15 06:34 PM
Welcome!!

And thanks for stepping right up with your support.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Another New Guy - 06/03/15 11:17 PM
Welcome Doug.

You live in a state with a very active aquaculture program through the great folks at KSU in Lexington. Due to funding cuts, WV/WVU lost its aquaculture program as of this last December 31. KSU already had a great staff and program, and now the best of the best from WVU have joined our friends at KSU.

So, between Pond Boss and KSU Lexington, in a couple of years we will probably all be envying you and your fish!

Please ask a lot of questions, and please share your experiences. We all learn from questions, mistakes, adventures, and mis-adventures.

Good luck,
Ken
© Pond Boss Forum