Pond Boss
Posted By: hiodon Greetings from the Sunflower State - 05/06/15 04:20 PM
Greetings all -- I frequently come across this site when searching the internet and am always impressed with the information I find. I'm hoping that becoming an active member rather than a lurker will allow me to absorb more information and contribute when applicable. I'm a graduate of Kansas State University with a B.S. in fisheries and wildlife biology and the University of Nebraska with an M.S. in fisheries science. My interest in pond management is both professional and personal. I have an unhealthy obsession with finding 10" bluegill, but also enjoy catching the smaller ones. A cane pole, worm, bobber, and a nice evening is my perfect fishing trip. That's all I have for now. I look forward to being a part of the community.
Posted By: DNickolaus Re: Greetings from the Sunflower State - 05/06/15 04:32 PM
Welcome Hiodon.
Happy to have another Wildcat here. I graduated from KSU .. uh, a long time ago. I used to do grasshopper/bobber/pole on my uncle's farm out near Aurora west of Lincoln. Great fun.
Have a pond yourself or regular access to one you're tinkering with?
Posted By: CMM Re: Greetings from the Sunflower State - 05/06/15 04:35 PM
Happy to have you hiodon! Sounds like you will be a great asset to this pond community.

Cmm
Posted By: ewest Re: Greetings from the Sunflower State - 05/06/15 06:09 PM
Welcome on board ! Lots of big bluegill lovers here.
Posted By: hiodon Re: Greetings from the Sunflower State - 05/06/15 07:02 PM
Thanks, all. I don't have a pond of my own, but I like to discuss fish management with others.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Greetings from the Sunflower State - 05/06/15 07:12 PM
Originally Posted By: hiodon
Greetings all -- I frequently come across this site when searching the internet and am always impressed with the information I find. I'm hoping that becoming an active member rather than a lurker will allow me to absorb more information and contribute when applicable. I'm a graduate of Kansas State University with a B.S. in fisheries and wildlife biology and the University of Nebraska with an M.S. in fisheries science. My interest in pond management is both professional and personal. I have an unhealthy obsession with finding 10" bluegill, but also enjoy catching the smaller ones. A cane pole, worm, bobber, and a nice evening is my perfect fishing trip. That's all I have for now. I look forward to being a part of the community.

Who doesn't! Welcome, hiodon.
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: Greetings from the Sunflower State - 05/06/15 07:49 PM
Welcome, Hiodon!

I was just at Milford Lake in Kansas last weekend and talked to several K-State Bass Club/Team members who were hosting a benefit tournament. Great bunch of guys (although I'm a die-hard Husker fan smile ) and some dang nice bass boats!

You've certainly come to the right place to learn, discuss and share pond and fishery management issues!

Keith
© Pond Boss Forum