Pond Boss
Hey there guys, thought I'd introduce myself here, I've got two ponds in my backyard, already have some catfish in em but I'd like to stock with LMB and maybe trout. They are on the smaller side so maybe bluegill instead.

Lots of reading to do, looks like a great place to do it.
Posted By: DNickolaus Re: Newbie from Canada - 07/25/14 12:14 AM
Welcome to PB, eh. Yes, you can read lots of useful stuff.
If you can figure out how, post some pix of your ponds. We like pictures. Some of us can't do much without pictures.
Posted By: durb Re: Newbie from Canada - 07/25/14 01:40 PM
how do I post a question
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Newbie from Canada - 07/25/14 02:06 PM
Welcome to the forum. We have quite a few members from north of the border (although some in Ontario are much further south than members from the lower 48).

Anyway, as said above, photos, approximate sizes, and approximate depths would help a lot. So would know the average summer water temps.

Regards,
Ken
Posted By: esshup Re: Newbie from Canada - 07/25/14 02:25 PM
Originally Posted By: durb
how do I post a question

When you open up a section, there's a box that says new topic. Click on that.
Posted By: whitewatersalvo Re: Newbie from Canada - 07/26/14 12:01 AM
This is the first pond, its about 45 feet across and 90 feet long. Deepest part is 2.2m

Lots of minnows and shiners in here and some wee lil catfish, about the length of my hand. Here's a shiner.

Then there's the back pond, don't have specs on it but it's a lot bigger, lots of minnows, shiners and slightly bigger catfish in here. It's a little shallower with the max depth at 1.8m.

As you can see the back pond is pretty weedy.

Hope these pics suffice, let me know what you guys think.
© Pond Boss Forum