Pond Boss
Posted By: Mr. Wright Hello and thanks already - 03/18/13 01:25 PM
Hello good people!

I recently purchased some land with a small pond on it that I plan to expand and repair. I have found a lot of good information so far and look forward to inserting my oddball sense of humor here and hopefully contribute some knowledge once I have some.
Posted By: small pond Re: Hello and thanks already - 03/18/13 01:44 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Hello and thanks already - 03/18/13 01:46 PM
Oddball sense of humor has no place on this forum!

grin
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Hello and thanks already - 03/18/13 02:05 PM
Well it ALL DEPENDS on how you define odd ball humor. I've seen some pretty off the wall stuff on this informative, friendly pond management forum.
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=313947&page=16
or
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=317430#Post317430
Posted By: ewest Re: Hello and thanks already - 03/18/13 02:10 PM
Try this one. A long thread but worth the time.

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92504#Post92504
Posted By: Mr. Wright Re: Hello and thanks already - 03/18/13 03:02 PM
Yep, y'all seem to be just the kind of mental institution escapees, I mean folks, I was hoping you would be.
Posted By: Mr. Wright Re: Hello and thanks already - 03/18/13 03:08 PM
I can't access online storage sites from here at work due to firewall rules, so I can't post any pics yet of my little pond I'm going to rebuild and enlarge, but will when I get home. It's a nice little pond with a few minnows and very small bass. The previous owner did a pretty good job building it, but the dam wall broke through at some point and now there is only a couple feet of water in it. I'll start a thread in the main forum then.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Hello and thanks already - 03/18/13 03:21 PM
Welcome, Mr Wright.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Hello and thanks already - 03/18/13 05:25 PM
We need more MS brothers - IIRC Eric is the only regular from Rebel country. Welcome aboard amigo - we'll look forward to the journey together.
Posted By: ewest Re: Hello and thanks already - 03/18/13 05:37 PM
There are a few Magnolia Staters here. Welcome Mr. Wright. All you other guys Mr. Wright is near Memphis in north MS.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Hello and thanks already - 03/18/13 06:37 PM
Anybody who calls himself Mister around here better have a sense of humor.
Posted By: muddywater Re: Hello and thanks already - 03/18/13 07:10 PM
Hello from a Fisheries Bulldog in Oxford!
Posted By: Mr. Wright Re: Hello and thanks already - 03/18/13 07:37 PM
Hey Guys, yes I'm near M'elvis... grew up in Tupelo on top of it.

DD... the little woman (aka she who must be obeyed) calls me Mr. Wright... I call her Mrs. Always Wright.

A "Fisheries Bulldog" in Oxford, you say... hmm... I attended both or our fine higher educational establishedments (or at least their nearby bars) in the 80s and 90s. I take it you are a MS State fan living in Rebel territory?
Posted By: muddywater Re: Hello and thanks already - 03/18/13 08:18 PM
I live in neutral Pontotoc. Fan? I have to support Moo U, given the invested time and money from 89'to 94'(Fisheries Management).
Posted By: Mr. Wright Re: Hello and thanks already - 03/25/13 03:20 PM
Hey there muddywater, we likely crossed paths at MSU, since I was there from eighty six until ninty ...mumble, mumble. (left Starkville around 1997, I believe.) If you ever indulged in adult beverages at Cheers or Rick's, you likely saw me.
© Pond Boss Forum