Pond Boss
Posted By: Jason Berry Current alum cost? - 11/18/11 04:28 PM
I live in the Houston, TX area and finally found one supplier of powdered alum. They are charging $1 a pound for alum and say they will have to deliver it since it is considered hazardous? For another fee of course. Does anyone in the Houston are have a supplier they could recommend? I am looking for 400 lbs. to start clearing my muddy water. Thank you!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Current alum cost? - 11/18/11 05:48 PM
I'm not from your area of the country but my wife picked up several bags of alum for me from a chemical company. I also know of a friend that did the same. Not sure I believe the hazardous claim as it's used in preserving food. Unless something's changed it sounds like someone is trying to make an extra buck.
Posted By: Kelly Duffie Re: Current alum cost? - 11/19/11 04:55 AM
Jason, that's mighty expensive alum! Shoot me an email with your contact-info. I have a much better option for you, if interested.
BTW - your Katy Tigers beat our Cypress Wildcats tonight in the play-offs. Shame to have the #1 and #2 seeds playing each other this early in the process.
Posted By: Jason Berry Re: Current alum cost? - 12/31/11 11:56 PM
Sorry for my late response! My email is jebhfd@yahoo.com. My number is 281-850-1497. Thank you for your response.
© Pond Boss Forum