Pond Boss
Posted By: mikepjr HBCP - 02/04/19 10:32 PM
Hey guys iam Mike,

Iam looking for some info on hbcp, where I can buy them, stocking rates so on. I built a new 2ac pond in central mo, its going into the second year and is still filling, last year the deep hole was about 4feet, and we had a bad drought now were at 8 with about 3 more to go. last spring I stocked 15# FHM 15# GSH 75 BG 50 RES. The FHM spawned like crazy last year. I plan to stock it this spring with HSB and pellet feed them. I could use some advice on the stocking rate for the HSB to. I would really like to try the hbcp out. I also would like to throw in a few WE for a bonus. This is going to be an experiment for me so if things go bad Its not the end of the world. Iam also planing on cleaning out a small pond this year, adjacent to this one to raise forage in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Mike
Posted By: Bocomo Re: HBCP - 02/04/19 10:46 PM
Hi Mike! Welcome!

What are your goals for the pond?
Posted By: mikepjr Re: HBCP - 02/04/19 10:58 PM
my goal is to experiment, I would like to have a nice pond full of HSB and HBCP to watch grow, catch and eat, without 1 single LMB in my pond. I don't want the normal fish pond, and I will start it over if things go south. Thanks for the welcome.
Posted By: Bocomo Re: HBCP - 02/04/19 11:05 PM
Originally Posted By: mikepjr
my goal is to experiment, I would like to have a nice pond full of HSB and HBCP to watch grow, catch and eat, without 1 single LMB in my pond. I don't want the normal fish pond, and I will start it over if things go south. Thanks for the welcome.

Hi Mike,

You might have trouble in a few years managing the bluegill without a wide-gape predator (LMB). See if you can get TJ to respond and talk about his HBCP!
Posted By: Redonthehead Re: HBCP - 02/04/19 11:34 PM
Send a message to Rainman here on the forum. IIRC he can supply HBCP.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: HBCP - 02/05/19 01:23 AM
Welcome Mike to the forum keep us posted on how the HBCP do
Posted By: CMM Re: HBCP - 02/05/19 02:13 AM
If Mike wants a non standard fishery and needs a predator, would Walleye do the trick? Or a few Northerns?
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: HBCP - 02/05/19 05:27 AM
Hi Mike:

Welcome to the forum! I have several Midwestern clients I developed cool water species fisheries for and am happy to help as this is my specialty. I may be headed to AR this Spring for HBCP as I've enjoyed their role/presence in my ponds over the past 8 years and it's time to spread the joy to some clients. Feel free to PM me or we can connect on email: tj@hudlandmgmt.com

TJ
© Pond Boss Forum