Pond Boss
It has been one year since I stocked my 2" fingerlings from Suttles fish farm! so went out and caught some to track their growth and mark the stocked LMB before the off spring get to big. I found they have grown some in length but they loose alot of weight during the summer im guessing do to being more active and high metabolism. Enjoy the video!!!
Posted By: ewest Re: The growth of my bass at 1 year (Video) - 07/18/18 10:05 PM
Nice work. They lose weight in spring/early summer depending on location due to spawning. Most of the summer they add weight and into fall.
Originally Posted By: ewest
Nice work. They lose weight in spring/early summer depending on location due to spawning. Most of the summer they add weight and into fall.

Yea, as the temps come back down I would think they would start to fattin back up!
Posted By: ewest Re: The growth of my bass at 1 year (Video) - 07/21/18 08:25 PM
Food intake stays about the same (absent real hot water) but metabolism slows as water cools, thus energy use is less with balance going to growth/fat.
Originally Posted By: ewest
Food intake stays about the same (absent real hot water) but metabolism slows as water cools, thus energy use is less with balance going to growth/fat.

atleast they are still growing length wise
Posted By: ewest Re: The growth of my bass at 1 year (Video) - 07/22/18 02:46 PM
That LMB may likely be 20 % heaver in Nov and may add 2 inches.
© Pond Boss Forum