Pond Boss
Posted By: trapperdf Pellet raised yellow perch in central NY? - 04/01/17 03:51 PM
Is there a supplier in central ny that sells pellet trained yellow perch? or close enough to ny that they will truck ship?
Make a road trip to Schultz's Fish Hatchery Lake Ariel PA. It is worth the time to make the drive. Or meet his fish truck when he is in your area. He has very good perch(YP).
Schultz's Fish Hatchery Lake Ariel PA.
http://www.buybass.com/
Thank you Bill . I didn't know about shultz's. They are only a 2 hr drive from me Which is great . I wanted to stock larger perch since I have a few CC in my pond . Looks like I will have to wait until fall as they only sell 4"-6" in the spring.
Thanks again
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Pellet raised yellow perch in central NY? - 04/02/17 03:09 AM
Trapper, welcome and congrats. You got your first response from Billopedia, very very little he don't know. It might be fun for you to build yourself a cage and pen raise some through the summer.
trapperdf - I would call or email Schultz to make sure he will not have any larger perch until fall. Sometimes they have a few larger perch for sale in spring after the spawn or find a few while seining their ponds.
trapperdf - if you locate some pellet trained yellow perch return and let others know of your source.
Bob-O I thought about doing that But I'm afraid I won't be available straight through daily to feed and monitor them.

Bill I will contact shultz tomorrow and report back here tomorrow.
Thanks
Tried calling today no response yet. Just sent an email. Will keep you guys informed.
sorry for the long delay, Just picked up yellow perch from kevin. He is very hard to reach.Nice perch and Kevin and Josh are great guys. The perch are not pellet raised.
Kevin said he feeds them straight fatheads.
© Pond Boss Forum