Pond Boss
Posted By: RAH Jones Fish opening new location in Indianapolis - 03/26/17 12:23 PM
Just saw this in their catalog. I have ordered fish from them but had them delivered. Now I can pick them up. They say they are opening April 1. Just thought that I would pass along for other local pond stockers.
I'll be getting a few more SMB Saturday for the YP pond.
I had 40 SMB on order since Nov. they weren't sure when they'd have stock now for Spring. Does Indy location have stock?
They are supposed to bring them in on Saturday. They took my order, so I hope they bring the fish. I am missing another activity to get these fish, so if they do not have them, I'll not use them again.
SMB have been hard to get the last few years....spawns have been down, or lost entirely at most farms
That is fine, but they took my order last night and gave no indication that the supply was short. If I show up and the fish don't then I will go where my business is valued. I have been very satisfied with the fish they delivered in the past, so I expect all will be fine.
I have found with Jones the communication is not always the best, however the fish look in great condition. Everyone is friendly but I receive conflicting information at times...larger operation ...etc.

I just called Indy as I was curious , they believe it will be mid April at least that what the person I spoke with said.

I then called SW ohio location and they have some small SMB available but wasn't the size I needed. They are to get more harvest in middle of April they told me as well. I just had them deliver yesterday and was happy with the health of the fish but they didn't have the smaller YP or 5-7in SMB ready yet.
The interesting thing about calling Jones is that the phones ring at all their locations for each call - you never know ahead of time which location (or the hatchery) will answer.
Thanks - Will double check and report back.
You guys are great! Saved me going to the hatchery just to find out that they don't actually have the fish they sold me yesterday (or at least told me they would have Saturday for me to buy). So much for a close location for reliable fish. I am looking for another source.
© Pond Boss Forum