Pond Boss
Posted By: Pete57 New ponds in a new subdivision - 03/29/16 12:09 PM
Just moved into a still growing subdivision with 2 ponds. One is app. 6 acres and the other is 7 acres. There are a few catfish and bass but not many already in place. Point me in the right direction to stocking this pond, placing aerators/fountains, and controlling vegetation that is already in place. Thanks !
Posted By: Bill D. Re: New ponds in a new subdivision - 03/29/16 12:42 PM
Pete Welcome to PBF!

Please provide more info such as what your goals are for the ponds(trophy bass, big Bluegill, etc.), depth of the ponds, type of vegetation already there, etc. That will help the pros give you better advice.

In the meantime, you might want to browse the Pond Boss bookstore to see if there is a book or two that might interest you. The bookstore can be found here:

http://www.pondboss.com/store.asp?c=8

Again, welcome!

Bill D.
Posted By: Pete57 Re: New ponds in a new subdivision - 03/29/16 12:55 PM
Bill, will do on the books! Obviously I am a novice when it comes to all these subjects. I'm on my way over to the office to get an accurate description of the dimensions of the pond. I just want to make good decisions concerning the care and upkeep of these ponds because I plan on being here a while. im sure I will have more questions as I learn more. Thanks again!
Posted By: fish n chips Re: New ponds in a new subdivision - 03/29/16 01:06 PM
Find out how much "permission" they are giving you to manage the lakes. How much funds are they willing to put into this, or is it all up to you. Is there money to hire a professional manager, or not, and if there is money, do you still want to do it as a job or do you want to just let someone else do it and enjoy the results.
Posted By: Pete57 Re: New ponds in a new subdivision - 03/29/16 01:11 PM
I am working in conjunction with the HOA. The builder still has control of everything but he's not concerned with the ponds and I see things getting out of hand quickly. Even a novice like me can see the ponds are not being taken care of properly. There are about 10 homeowners who are on the water and we are looking for info. So here I am.
Posted By: Pete57 Re: New ponds in a new subdivision - 03/29/16 01:17 PM
Google is a great thing. We have a water hyacinth problem here. It is just on the shoreline for now.
© Pond Boss Forum