Pond Boss
Posted By: abba82 Source for Blue Tilapia in TN - 05/27/15 06:40 PM
If anyone knows of a source of Blue Tilapia in middle TN or that would ship it here for a reasonable price for the purpose of algae control that would be great!

I've been trying to read up on algae control in a pond (a lot of Rainman's posts) and it sounds like Tilapia are the best option because it's natural, delicious in the fall, and is probably cheaper than chemicals. However, I am having trouble finding a source in Middle Tennessee. I could be wrong, but I believe there are no restrictions against them.

I have a half acre pond that is fed by a wet weather stream. I don't believe there are any fish in it at all. It apparently had catfish in it some time ago (10 years or maybe more), but I haven't seen any sign of fish at all. I dropped a hook & worm in there a couple of times, but I've never gotten a bite and the previous owner said there were no fish in it.

I'd really like to speak with someone on the phone for a few minutes because I have a lot of questions so if anyone can direct me to a source that would be willing to help answer some questions that would be great!
Posted By: Rainman Re: Source for Blue Tilapia in TN - 05/27/15 06:56 PM
abba, as far as I know, only I have blue Tilapia...all others are using food fish hybrids.

I was in franklin twice last week
Posted By: abba82 Re: Source for Blue Tilapia in TN - 05/27/15 07:00 PM
No way!!! Do you come here often? Would you be able to give me a call?
© Pond Boss Forum