Pond Boss
Posted By: airborne3118 Tilapia from Jones Farm - 07/24/14 06:41 AM
Not to discount Rex by no means, please do not take it that way when I ask this question because I have heard nothing but good about Rex.

Has anyone bought Tilapia from Jones? If so, are they any good?
Posted By: fish n chips Re: Tilapia from Jones Farm - 07/24/14 11:14 AM
I did in the spring of 2013 and they worked out great. I needed at least 4-6" to avoid the LMB and they brought all 6" and greater. If I was hearing them correctly, they don't raise them. My only gripe was that they kept delaying delivery saying it was to cold. From what I have learned here on the forum I knew it wasn't, and I believe they just were behind on their work.

Mileage may vary, and this would make sense according to what I have learned and what REX has taught me. I may have gotten lucky getting them from Jones, but they did work for me. And like you Airborne, I mean no disrespect to Rex. It just didn't work out in the timing of things with him. .
Posted By: airborne3118 Re: Tilapia from Jones Farm - 07/25/14 02:30 AM
Thanks for the response. I was just curious because they deliver to my local Ag. store. I have bought catfish from them and though their demeanor was not the greatest, their fish were spectacular. Thanks again.
© Pond Boss Forum