Pond Boss
Posted By: 77-Style Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/11/14 03:17 PM
Hello, Im looking at stocking a new soon to be dug Pond with Blue catfish in the future. It will be just under a 1/2 acre in size. Im located in South East Texas. Any info on the fish breed would help. Thanks
Posted By: esshup Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/11/14 03:23 PM
Welcome to the forum! Why Blues vs. Channel Cats?
Posted By: 77-Style Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/11/14 03:31 PM
Thanks! Well good question, I was told Blues would get larger.
Posted By: esshup Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/11/14 03:37 PM
Yes they will, but in any body of water, it will only support "X" number of pounds of fish per surface acre. Aeration and feeding will allow you to have more pounds of fish per acre. Channels will take a while to get large, but then again, everybody's definition of large is different.

Once catfish get larger than 3#-4# they start targeting fish for their main food source. So, those forage fish add to the fish biomass in the pond.

CC, if caught and released get VERY hard to re-catch. I'm not sure about Blues.

What size fish (and how many) were you expecting to grow in that pond?
Posted By: KSBASS Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/11/14 04:15 PM
Bluecats get alot bigger and are alot more aggressive as it comes to feeding. I would stock large numbers of CNB and maybe even crappie because they overpopulate so bad. A person should stock shad also.
Posted By: WRFinTX Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/11/14 04:16 PM
Whereabouts in southeast tx?
Posted By: 77-Style Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/11/14 04:41 PM
Ok, good info guys! Im located on the gulf coast. 90 miles South east of Houston texas. So Crappie would be a good fish to add to the pond?
Posted By: 77-Style Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/11/14 04:42 PM
Beaumont texas
Posted By: KSBASS Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/13/14 03:08 PM
Crappie will overpopulate almost all the time if you want to raise just Bluecats and dont care about anything else my opinion would be use them as a last resort forage but if you don't care about any other fish they would be great feed for bluecats
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/13/14 11:45 PM
Think of the words biomass and dissolved oxygen crash. A body of water can only hold a certain # of pounds of fish. That's the biomass. It's a matter of the dissolved oxygen that will support the population. Crappie, bluegills and bass spawn and over spawn in a 1/2 acre pond.

Bluecats, when the get bigger, need big food to sustain themselves.

So, to have BC's, you have to have a lot of large prey. But to get there, you need a LOT of fish turning into big prey. That leads to the dissolved oxygen problem.
Posted By: 77-Style Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/16/14 12:58 PM
Thanks for the info fellas!
Posted By: MSC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/16/14 02:08 PM
Around here blue cats have been caught over 80 lbs. I'm sure there are bigger ones in TX.
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/23/14 02:49 PM
Anyone have any idea how stocking blue cats will alter the dynamics of a pond overtaken by 1-3 lb common carp?

Right now I'm planning to stock 500 8-10" BCs in a 20 acre lake this fall. I was hoping to turn it into a trophy catfishery rather than a carp fishery.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/23/14 06:38 PM
Few thoughts:

I'd say BC or FHC are your best options for managing CC population. I know the FHC gape is unsurpassed, and CC are a preferred forage item for FHC.

Is starting over an option due to CC invasion?

If you need help sourcing fish, let me know I can put you in contact with some good NE guys.
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/23/14 07:12 PM
Thanks for the response TJ. Yes, starting over is an option and something I had been planning on doing. But with a 2 year old and 3 year old son I decided to push that off 12-15 years until they can be a part of it, and have some ownership in the project. Maybe it would be a good FFA project for them in high school.

In the meantime, I'd like to experiment with BC or FHCs just to see what type of impact they'd have on the CC. And I'd just love to have a pond full of monster cats smile
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/23/14 07:15 PM
...........and I would love to have a buddy who owns a pond full of monster cats!!!! grin
Posted By: RC51 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/23/14 07:22 PM
20 acres is one thing no way I would put them in a 1 acre pond or smaller. There just not meant for it.... Your asking for trouble down the road.

Read what DD1 said he put it in black and white for you. You will have D.O. or biomass issues sooner or later.....

RC
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/23/14 08:01 PM
Biomass and DO would be a concern. But right now all I have is a pond full of trash fish. So I don't really have much to lose. Like I said above, a future Rotenone treatment and start over is hopefully in the works anyway. So my situation is somewhat unique in that I don't have much to lose.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/23/14 08:18 PM
Single sex BC or two can be used as a BG [or other panfish] management tool per George. Once it hits 10# IIRC he removes and stocks another to help cull those 3-7" CNBG. Otherwise stocking any predator with that top end size potential in a small BOW is probably not a wise strategy per Dave.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/23/14 08:21 PM
Originally Posted By: NEDOC
Biomass and DO would be a concern. But right now all I have is a pond full of trash fish. So I don't really have much to lose. Like I said above, a future Rotenone treatment and start over is hopefully in the works anyway. So my situation is somewhat unique in that I don't have much to lose.

Can apply hydrated lime, spike PH to 11, collect fish. Much cheaper than rotenone. 20 acre blank canvas seems like quite an inviting proposition. I'd personally chop it up into 4 five ac ponds with dykes and get very creative with specialized trophy fisheries...just a thought!
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/23/14 08:50 PM
Hmmm......... I may have to look into the hydrated lime treatment. Thanks.
Posted By: esshup Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/23/14 11:03 PM
With the size that common carp get, and their fecundity, I'd be leaning towards both Flatheads and Blues.

If you kill and start over, what's the possibility of them getting into the BOW(s) again??
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/23/14 11:23 PM
I don't think there's a way for CC to get established again. I believe the previous owner put them in the pond. Either that or there was a pond upstream with them in it that has since been filled in.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/23/14 11:36 PM
Before I jump the gun again on recommending nuking the existing fishery and starting over, it would be a cool experiment to stock FHC and BC and monitor their performance. Since Corey is planning on starting over down the road anyhow, if he stocked 25-50 BC and FHC per acre this Fall he might end up with a nice sized BOW featuring trophy cats [and probably trophy BG and LMB - the few one could manage to catch]. I think BC and FHC can grow pretty fast - in 3 years might have some fish pushing 20#. I haven't been trophy catfishing in a long time...my muskie rods and level winds need a workout!
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 12:32 AM
That's my line of thinking. It took me 5-10 of trying to get rid of carp til I thought of moving on to a trophy catfishery and it only took you one afternoon. But I don't think it's a bad idea. I don't have any problem with catching monster cats.
Posted By: Shorty Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 02:11 AM
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Before I jump the gun again on recommending nuking the existing fishery and starting over, it would be a cool experiment to stock FHC and BC and monitor their performance. Since Corey is planning on starting over down the road anyhow, if he stocked 25-50 BC and FHC per acre this Fall he might end up with a nice sized BOW featuring trophy cats [and probably trophy BG and LMB - the few one could manage to catch]. I think BC and FHC can grow pretty fast - in 3 years might have some fish pushing 20#. I haven't been trophy catfishing in a long time...my muskie rods and level winds need a workout!

I like your plan TJ. The only thing I might do a little different is ladder stock the catfish, a small number the first year, a higher number the second year, and maybe even a higher number in year three. The smaller initial stocking with less competition will become the trophy class, the higher density subsequent stockings will be for carp control.
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 02:21 AM
I was thinking about doing that shorty. But I'm concerned that the first year BC will eliminate any subsequent stockings. Maybe I can grow them in cages til 12" or so.
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 02:22 AM
Also I have no idea where to get a significant number of stocker flatheads. So they may not be a realistic option.
Posted By: poppy65 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 03:39 AM
I don't know much about BC, but flatheads will eventually eat every fish in your pond of 1/2 acre. Yep, you will have some big flatheads but nothing else and the flatheads will only grow until they run out of food. It happened to a guy up the road who had a pond with too many little bluegill. He only pu 2 flatheads, one 10 pound and one 8 pounds out of our local river in to control the BG. When he drained the pond 7 or 8 years later to clean it out, the 2 catfish were the only fish in it. One was about 25 lb and the other about 18. A few would be okay in a much larger pond or lake.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 04:03 AM
Great point Poppy - smaller bows can't withstand the pressure of apex predators with that top end size potential. However, in this case we're looking at a 20 acre BOW - so I think the stocking strategy I recommended will be OK. Ladder stocking via Steve is a good idea, providing you can source the cats seasonally which is not a given. Remember, Corey has rather waived the white flag on managing the current sport fishery and his new goals are shifting to allow cats to grow on all available forage - so maybe subsequent stocking of Gizzard shad and bullhead would be beneficial down the road? One of my dream projects was a larger bow [10 acres+] stocked with BC, CC and FHC with the goal of growing trophy cats and everything else considered forage...I think this is an awesome project and don't know it's ever been performed before. Groundbreaking stuff!
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 11:18 AM
I would love it if the only fish remaining were large BC and FHC. In fact I'd say that's my goal at this point. I highly doubt they'll ever eradicate all of the carp though.
Posted By: esshup Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 02:01 PM
With the CGC (Common German Carp - CC is Channel Catfish) in there, he might not need to stock any GS. They are pretty prolific.

Blues can be sourced down Texas way, I'm not sure about Flatheads.
Posted By: george1 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 03:15 PM
I would love it if the only fish remaining were large BC and FHC. In fact I'd say that's my goal at this point. I highly doubt they'll ever eradicate all of the carp though.

When Overton acquired his existing fish farm more than ten years ago, it was called Catfish Meadows:
"The D&B strain of blue catfish got its name at the D&B Fish Farm in Crockett TX which has since gone out of business. This strain was also shared by the Catfish Meadows hatchery and continues to exist as broodstock and fingerlings."

We have a 12+lb Overton BC in our little pond for biomass control. I want to remove it but it is still doing it's job and son Jeff keeps it as his pet... grin
George
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 03:43 PM
Awesome George. Thanks for sharing. I had been looking over Overton's sight and was hoping to find a way to retrieve their strain all the way to Nebraska.
Posted By: george1 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 03:58 PM
Betcha could make it happen!
I would love to have a pond/lake full of BlueCat and Common Carp. Carp are now being seriously pursued and now called "Golden Bones" by some fly fishermen.
They will put a run into the backing that will stand up the hair on the baci of your neck - BC will make you think you have a bear by the tail... grin
G/
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 04:16 PM
Improving the size of Carp in the pond is actually another one of the benefits that has played into my stocking strategy. For the last 15-20 yrs I have not seen a carp above 3 lbs. Maybe a bunch of BC and FHC will thin them out to the point that I get some monsters in there. Or better yet, maybe they will all be gone smile
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 04:21 PM
Trophy FHC and BC all night, then in the morning flycast for some 20# CGC - sounds like a very unique plan that can work. It would be the first of it's kind, I believe, and a total blast.
Posted By: esshup Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 04:57 PM
I think you are on the correct plan to make it a great fishery for your goals. Now just to source the Flatheads!
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 07:02 PM
I'm very interested to see if there will be water quality/clarity changes and vegetative changes with a diminished carp population. Like Teejaeh said, it's very unique and unusual plan. It'll essentially be a big experiment for me.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 10:16 PM
I think one can safely assume clarity will improve with reduction of CGC, along with it increased aquatic vegetation, and healthier water.
Posted By: snrub Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/24/14 11:19 PM
Son had a couple BC they had bought from the pet store and raised in an aquarium. They let them go in their one acre pond I refurbished for them. We stocked it with 5-6" BG this spring along with some FHM and about ten CC and some RES fingerlings. Will put some LMB in next year.

I hope the two BC are not a mistake, but think they will be ok as long as they catch them out and eat them before they get too big. Have no clue to what the gender of the two BC were.

Pet store told them they were the same BC that were used to stock ponds with. That is all I know about their origin.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/25/14 02:15 AM
A couple big muskie and Flatheads WOULD be a rather sadistic, but fun scenario to watch unfold....If rotenone is an option, who cares if there is a DO crash?!?!?! In all honesty, as the big apex predators slam the trash fish, DO will go up from fewer consumers and transformed biomass (lunch).
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 06/25/14 11:59 AM
** as the big apex predators slam the trash fish, DO will go up from fewer consumers and transformed biomass **

That's an excellent point I hadn't considered Rainman. Thanks.
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 07/31/15 02:52 PM
I wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone was wanting to share recent experiences with Blue Catfish. With the help of TJ, I'm about to embark on an attempt at a trophy blue catfishery and was gathering as much info as I can.
Posted By: Snakebite Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 07/31/15 05:27 PM
We have a pond with BC and FHC that started getting stock around 8 years ago. Some of our BC are in the upper 20's with a few in the 30's. Can't catch them on CC baits what so ever. It's always got to be fresh cut bait or live BG.
Posted By: fish n chips Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 07/31/15 06:54 PM
What do you have for forage fish in that Catfish pond Snakebite? Also, what are all the types of fish in that pond?
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 07/31/15 08:27 PM
Thanks Snakebite. That's exciting to read. I'm really hoping for my Blue Cats to wipe out my carp population and explode in size in the process.

Did you/ Do you feed your BC pellets? Do the FHC show up to pellets ever? How many per acre did you stock?
Posted By: Snakebite Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 07/31/15 10:58 PM
@fishnchips forage fish BG,RES,Mosquito Fish,GSH, FHM,Crayfish,Bull frogs. BCP,LMB,GC,CC all in good size ranges.

@ NEDOC we feed right before dusk, CC mostly come up, but in the spring or fall the BC will come in as well.
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 08/01/15 01:43 AM
I've got blues in a ~3 acre pond, they've been there for about 7 years and are reproducing. Pretty fair populations of BG,RES,GSF for forage. The LMB population has definitely suffered-I think the larger BCs, up to about 25lbs, are fairly heavily feeding on LMB in the ~12" range. The BCs seem to have altered BG behavior--I frequently see schools of BG in the middle of the pond, feeding on the surface almost like trout. I think they're afraid to get close to shore where the BCs hang out. I never see this behavior in another pond a couple hundred yards away that doesn't have BCs.
The BCs seem much more piscivorous than CC. I frequently catch them in the 2-3# range on crankbaits in shallow water, sometimes 3 or 4 an evening.
I would think, over time, that BCs could really help with your carp issues.
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 08/01/15 01:51 AM
Thanks YolkSac. That's interesting. A 25 lb fish in Nebraska on a crank bait is hard for me to even imagine!
Posted By: snrub Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 08/01/15 02:53 AM
The catfish is amazing enough, but the fact that you are holding a fly rod that it was caught on is doubly amazing.

I sent this thread to my son, because when we stocked his pond with BG, FHM and a few RES then later a few CC, he had a couple of BC they had raised in their aquarium they had bought from the pet store that they put in the pond.

Be interesting to see how that turns out in a one acre pond.
Posted By: george1 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 08/01/15 11:03 AM
Originally Posted By: snrub
The catfish is amazing enough, but the fact that you are holding a fly rod that it was caught on is doubly amazing.
CC are a blast on the fly - just be sure to take them out because as DD says - "they will NEVER bite anything again with a string attached". smile
Never fished for blues...
George

Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 08/01/15 12:01 PM
Snrub, keep us updated on how that turns out.

George, that is awesome. I've got a goal of hooking into a 15lb blue cat while flyfishing out of my float tube. Can't wait to get them to that size!

It sounds like my blue catfish experiment is kind of unusual. Not many have managed a pond with the goal of a trophy blue catfishery. It'll be interesting to see how many mistakes I make along the way.
Posted By: george1 Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 08/01/15 03:15 PM
Snrub, keep us updated on how that turns out.

George, that is awesome. I've got a goal of hooking into a 15lb blue cat while flyfishing out of my float tube. Can't wait to get them to that size!

It sounds like my blue catfish experiment is kind of unusual. Not many have managed a pond with the goal of a trophy blue catfishery. It'll be interesting to see how many mistakes I make along the way.

NEDOC if I had a 20 acre lake and wanted Blue Catfish, I would figure out a way to transport some of Oveton's superior genetics BC - love "golden bones" carp as well.
Good luck with your program,
George

http://www.overtonfisheries.com/StockerFish/SportFish/BlueCatfish/tabid/72/Default.aspx
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 08/01/15 04:07 PM
I have been eyeing his website regularly and dreaming about getting some D&Bs up here. For this fall, I plan to stock some out of Iowa that TJ is hooking me up with. I may make a run to TX next fall though. Thanks for the advice.
Posted By: overtonfisheries Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 08/25/15 08:14 PM
George has been nudging me onto this thread and finally I sit here with a little time... Nice Thread. Noble goal that I can appreciate. Growing big blue catfish on common carp...LOL. Thanks George!

I have been caring for monster blue cat broodstock for 12 years now, and they are a joy. We are one of the very few hatcheries that produce blue catfish. I think they are the closest thing to a shark that we can stock in ponds LOL. Blues are the dominant species in our 2.5 acre catfish broodstock pond. The pond is aerated during the summer, and stays somewhat turbid 12" or less. Forage available includes threadfin and gizzard shad, crappie, largemouth bass, sunfish, koi (colored common carp). There is virtually zero recruitment of koi in this pond, but I can't attribute this to blue cat predation. A colored fish has odds stacked against him from day 1. We supplement with 25lbs of high protein fish food every other day. We have blues up to 50lbs that feed on pelleted food. We harvest channel catfish whenever we can to reduce biomass. The blues rarely get harvested unless we need them for broodstock.

In your situation NEDOC you need to harvest as many adult carp as possible as time goes on for biomass control, and also stock a healthy density of blue catfish for control of carp offspring. I would suggest 50-100 blue catfish per acre. Ladder stock if you like, depends on practicality and your goals and budget. Management strategy of the blue cat population down the road will depend on your program. Ideal forage are gizzard shad but I doubt the blues are very picky. You are too far north for thread fin shad. In our ponds the catfish have zero chance of wiping out gizzard shad, and they can produce astronomical forage numbers.

We do have some adult blue catfish available this fall, they appear to be 5-10lb range. We also have a bumper crop of 4-6" size fingerlings, that will be easy 6-8" by October. But we sold so many midsize 8-12" blue cats this year that we don't have anything in between right now.

Y'all are welcome to come down here and see these fish. If you decide you want to stock some then I recommend you let us deliver direct to you.
Posted By: snrub Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 08/25/15 08:47 PM
If you end up making a delivery to Nebraska, let it be known ahead of time. I would almost be in route and have been trying to figure out a way to make a trip down to your place to get some of your LMB later this fall. Did not know if they would survive the trip in the back of a car.

I've got a sediment pond with no predators to date that I could use as a grow out pond till the fingerlings were big enough to catch and transfer to main pond.
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 08/26/15 02:30 PM
Thanks for the response Todd, I was hoping you'd respond as you seem to be the hatchery with the most experience with BC on this board. I can't even imagine a fish of 50 lbs in a pond. Wow.

Presently I'm feeding my Channel Cats (CC) about 50 lbs a week of Game Fish Chow. I've fed them close to 500 lbs of food already this year so I'm assuming I've gained 200 plus lbs of channel catfish biomass. After not being fed for years they have certainly jumped in size with some up around 10-12lbs I believe, but the average seems to be below 2 lbs. My carp (CGC) do show up to feed on occasion but not frequently enough that I carry a gun to shoot them.

Goals: (obviously fluid and open to suggestion) (1) Ultimately I'd like to transform the water quality of the pond without the use of rotenone IF that is possible. If that can't be done, I'd like to enjoy a decade or so of a trophy catfishery. (2) Have Fun by trying something new and trying to learn something for myself and the Pond Boss community. (3) Have Bruce and/or TJ fearing for their lives as their float tube is being pulled under by a 30 pound blue cat.

Short Term Plan: This fall, TJ has sourced 200 Blue Cats for me. I'm thinking now I may have to discuss with him upping that order as it doesn't seem enough BC to control CGC in a 20 acre BOW. Although after this year I plan to implement a ladder stocking of Blue Cats and/or Hybrid Cats. Possibly on an alternating basis. I'm doing the Hybrid stocking more out of curiosity than anything. There are no particular objectives in that regard other than observing the difference between them and BC. And taking advantage of their apex predator status. I'd also like to add FHC as I can find them. Probably from local fisherman pulling them from rivers. As stated before I don't think I can source them in the numbers needed to control CGC though. So I will enlist the help of BC and Hybrids.

Mid/Long Term Plan: I'm also planning on building a grow out pond or 2 this fall in which I hope to grow out stocking size BG, crappie, LMB and possibly HBG. My plan is to transfer them into the pond as I transfer CGC out of the pond. The removal of CGC from the pond is a two fold plan. Obviously I plan to use the BC, but I also plan to implement a fyke/hoop net removal system. For the first few years I plan to keep the CGC, dice them up and transfer their biomass into BC biomass. I will journal the number of CGC caught per netting and once my numbers have been reduced to my satisfaction, I will begin to remove the smaller channel catfish as well and transfer their biomass into the BC biomass via dicing them up and throwing into the pond. IF I can attain the goals of having large BC controlling my carp I hope to slowly begin to remove them and let the numbers of BG, LMB and crappie replace their biomass.

What I hope to learn: Number one is that I have boys that are now 3 and 4 years old. I hope I can use this experience to teach them the love of the outdoors and a bit of freshwater biology over the next decade and a half. I realize there is going to be a lot of sweat equity involved and I want them to be a part of it. Along the way I want to study the impact of CGC removal on water clarity and vegetative growth. I will also record mouth gape measurements/ weight/ length of all the CC, BC and Hyrbids caught along the way. I also plan to chart the impact of water clarity on BG, LMB and crappie relative weights. When my BC arrive I plan to begin a thread archiving all of this info and hope to make this a Pond Boss learning experience.

Any suggestion or advice from anyone on this board is greatly appreciated as I begin this journey. And yes, I do want to find a transportation method to get your D&B strain up here. Hopefully as soon as next year. Maybe this thread will get enough locals interested we could have a large haul.

Posted By: overtonfisheries Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 08/28/15 04:35 PM
LOL. I was hoping you would get the large haul NEDOC. If you need us to grow some intermediate size fish for you to stock then those could be available by middle of next spring.
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Stocking Blue Catfish? - 08/28/15 05:19 PM
How many would it take to get you up to NE? I may be up for it.
© Pond Boss Forum