Pond Boss
Posted By: CoryJones Florida Fish Hatcheries? - 04/23/14 03:32 AM
For the life of me, I cannot find a Florida fish hatchery. At least one that sells to the public and also sells fresh water fish. I'm looking for Redear Sunfish (shellcracker).

Any suggestions on where to find these?

Thanks!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Florida Fish Hatcheries? - 04/23/14 03:42 AM
Originally Posted By: CoryJones
For the life of me, I cannot find a Florida fish hatchery. At least one that sells to the public and also sells fresh water fish. I'm looking for Redear Sunfish (shellcracker).

Thanks!

Have to tried to get a list of private hatcheries from your Florida Fish and Game department? Since they typically regulate them they keep a list.

Edit:

Got to this link and click on Commercial Sources of Fish.

http://myfwc.com/conservation/you-conserve/recreation/pond-management/
Posted By: RER Re: Florida Fish Hatcheries? - 04/23/14 12:44 PM
Originally Posted By: CoryJones

Thanks!

what part of florida are you in?

Curious about your pond, any thing in it now or are you stocking from scratch?
Posted By: CoryJones Re: Florida Fish Hatcheries? - 04/24/14 10:42 AM
I'm located in Zephyrhills, FL. The pond has a bunch of Bluegill, Catfish, and Bass. I would like to get shellcrackers in there.
Posted By: pwdhorn Re: Florida Fish Hatcheries? - 05/02/14 01:37 PM
Pauls fish farms in Bonifay is in the panhandle
Posted By: NWFL Jim Re: Florida Fish Hatcheries? - 05/02/14 02:26 PM
Few others up here in addition to Paul's. Everyone is hard to get on the horn so you have to leave a message and wait for the return.

Paul's carries, CNBG, CC, LMB, Florida Strain LMB in the summer (not certified), RES and Gambusia. (850)547-2215. Paul Fish Farm

Never bought anything from them but have called a few times when looking for customers. Had to order FHM from Anderson.

Lake Geneva Fisheries (South East Alabama)
(334) 684-6473

S&W Acres Fish Farm (Greenwood, FL)
(850) 592-4165
© Pond Boss Forum