Pond Boss
Posted By: RC51 My HSB! - 03/19/12 05:13 PM
Well Friday I took off a half a day and went and got my HSB. Keo's Fish Farm is about 15 miles from me so that was nice. I did as Eric suggested and got a mix of both sizes. I got 15, 6 to 8's and 15 8 to 10 inch. They all made the 94 mile drive and looked good. So good in fact that after about 2 hours I was doing a little fishing and guess what I caught! I couldn't believe it I already caught one of these guys. They are ready to eat for sure!! Thought I would share a few pics. Rex I did get some feed from Keo's but all they had to give me at the time was pretty small stuff. I put it in the feeder anyway to start getting them used to it. My AM 500 should be in this next week I hope. Anyway thanks everyone for your suggestions and I hope to show you all some great HSB in the near future!!

Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: My HSB! - 03/19/12 05:15 PM
Excellent! They have great fish and Eric is getting their biggest ones next week.
Posted By: george1 Re: My HSB! - 03/19/12 05:44 PM
Originally Posted By: RC51
Well Friday I took off a half a day and went and got my HSB. Keo's Fish Farm is about 15 miles from me so that was nice. I did as Eric suggested and got a mix of both sizes. I got 15, 6 to 8's and 15 8 to 10 inch. They all made the 94 mile drive and looked good. So good in fact that after about 2 hours I was doing a little fishing and guess what I caught! I couldn't believe it I already caught one of these guys. They are ready to eat for sure!! Thought I would share a few pics. Rex I did get some feed from Keo's but all they had to give me at the time was pretty small stuff. I put it in the feeder anyway to start getting them used to it. My AM 500 should be in this next week I hope. Anyway thanks everyone for your suggestions and I hope to show you all some great HSB in the near future!!

Congratulations R.C. - you are going to love those babies! cool
Put the feed to them and they will double in size by winter - they need fat bellies ...
Posted By: RC51 Re: My HSB! - 03/19/12 05:54 PM
Ok I am going to do just that! I have my feeder set to 1 sec in the morning and 1 sec in the evening. Until they find the feed I wasn't really sure what to set it on so I didn't want to over do it. Everyone was right too. When I put the HSB in the water they all kind of acted like they were playing dead for about 2 or 3 seconds and then upright and took right off! They are an interesting fish for sure! I can't wait to see how they do!
Posted By: RC51 Re: My HSB! - 03/20/12 02:04 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Grimes
Excellent! They have great fish and Eric is getting their biggest ones next week.

Hey Greg you are right about the fish. They all looked really good!! I was impressed to get 8 to 10 inch HSB for a 1.50 each! It's awesome and they are only 15 minutes from me. Ya gotta love that!!

Later,
© Pond Boss Forum