Pond Boss
Posted By: J. E. Craig Orange Plastic Barrier - 10/12/07 07:17 PM
I built a 4'X4'X4' frame with PVC, covered it with the orange barrier & fastened it down with cable ties. It has been my most interesting & successful structure so far.
I immediately had a fry school using it for protection & feeding above it. I thought they were shad but as they developed I found that at least some are Bream. It has become a favorite ambush place for LMB. For me it is a great place to throw Bubba Bait. I can generally catch at least one 15" LMB when I cast around it. So far it has never been the same fish. I have made structure from cinder blocks, pine trees,& plastic barrels. Perhaps it is just dumb luck, but for the effort & cost it is my most best attempt so far. I am going to try another. This one a bit longer.
Posted By: RobA Re: Orange Plastic Barrier - 10/12/07 07:33 PM
How deep was the water where you placed it? Did you weight it down with anything? Have you have any problems with lures getting hung up in it?

If you can please take some pictures of the next one you make. I'd love to see it.
Posted By: GW Re: Orange Plastic Barrier - 10/13/07 12:27 AM
When I built my "fish corral" I used inexpensive plastic deer fencing.

From the moment I put this in the water it attracted and held numerous yoy fish.
Posted By: ewest Re: Orange Plastic Barrier - 10/13/07 01:37 AM
GW neat pic grid. I hope it does not correspond to Bruce's though !! \:D
Posted By: GW Re: Orange Plastic Barrier - 10/13/07 01:39 AM
Bruce's? Haven't noticed.
Posted By: ewest Re: Orange Plastic Barrier - 10/13/07 01:44 AM
\:\/ \:D
Posted By: Brettski Re: Orange Plastic Barrier - 10/13/07 02:27 AM
 Originally Posted By: RobA
If you can please take some pictures of the next one you make. I'd love to see it.

crib ideas for RobA
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Orange Plastic Barrier - 10/13/07 02:50 AM
RobA - I assume that J.E.Craig's snow fence boxes are similar to Brettski's. If you make some snow fence cribs please post a photo of them for us - thanks.
Posted By: RobA Re: Orange Plastic Barrier - 10/13/07 12:45 PM
 Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
RobA - I assume that J.E.Craig's snow fence boxes are similar to Brettski's. If you make some snow fence cribs please post a photo of them for us - thanks.

I will. I do have a location in mind but am concerned with lures getting hung up on the fencing and tearing it up. I have some milk crates I was going to join together for a smaller version of the same thing.

JE Craig: Sorry for hijacking your thread
Posted By: J. E. Craig Re: Orange Plastic Barrier - 10/15/07 02:44 PM
My structure is much like the crib in the link above. I did weight two corners with a large brick. I also marked its location with a large fishing float. It is about 40" below the waters surface. I have not yet gotten tangled in the orange plastic but I have been tangled in the leader that holds the float to one corner. I fished for about 45 min. on Saturday morning & caught another 15" & a 10" LMB near this structure. A big zero everywhere else. The 3 acre pond has very little structure except the trees & cinder block that I have added. I bought a 100'X 48" bundle of this barrier for $20. at Lowes.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Orange Plastic Barrier - 10/15/07 08:58 PM
J.E.C. If you make more PVC,orange barrier cribs, please post a photo of one. If you cannot post a photo send it to a moderator and they will post it for you. Thanks.
© Pond Boss Forum