Pond Boss
Posted By: catmandoo Ideas wanted for 6-inch PVC Pipe - 08/30/07 01:30 AM
I recently cleaned out one more of the former owner's "land reefs" that was home to rodents, amphibians, reptiles, and lots of brambles. I found a pretty decent single bottom plow and these pipes:

There are about 10 pieces of 6-inch PVC pipe that are between 8 and 11 feet long. My half-acre bluegill/bass/catfish pond could use a little more permanent structure.

Some will definitely turn into "Brettski Logs" -- but any other suggestions?

I've got a four day weekend starting day after tomorrow.

Ken
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Ideas wanted for 6-inch PVC Pipe - 08/30/07 01:58 AM
BG condo.

Volleyball mortar.
Posted By: cheezy1963 Re: Ideas wanted for 6-inch PVC Pipe - 08/30/07 02:04 AM
This may not be what your looking for but you could tap into the gutters from your house and run them into the 6 inch pipe then into your pond.

I've noticed a pretty significant rise in the average water level of my pond since channeling all of my gutters, driveway, sidewalks and low spots in my yard to my pond.
Posted By: bz Re: Ideas wanted for 6-inch PVC Pipe - 08/30/07 02:09 AM
I just did the same thing. I have all my landscape around the houes drained by a 4 inch drain tile pipe to keep water away from the foundation. The water drains into the woods. Given the low water levels this year I connected enough black sewer pipe to the outlet in the woods to reach down to the pond. This will really help I hope since I'll get about another 1/4 acre of drainage area going into my 2/3 acre pond. Wish I had thought of this years ago.
© Pond Boss Forum