Pond Boss
Posted By: turkeyfootnc another christmas tree question - 12/31/06 08:02 PM
Has anybody tried to set a tree standing up in a cinder block? If so did it work?
Posted By: ewest Re: another christmas tree question - 01/01/07 01:33 AM
I have not but a relative has and it is a 50-50 chance that it will fall over. He only used small trees (4ft). The bucket method is better.

I modify this by putting 2 pieces of rebar or small pvc through the bottom about 2 inches from the bottom in an cross to make a bigger base. Then add a couple 3 -4 ft, 3in in diameter oak limbs at an angle sticking out the top.
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: another christmas tree question - 01/08/07 05:34 PM
I'm doing it a bit differently, right now, as my second pond is not nearly full, yet. I've about 8 feet to go before full pool, so I've been dragging mulberry and locust limbs down to the water's edge on the dam. I dig a post hole, say 8-10" in diameter about 2 feet deep. Stuff 2-3 large limbs or trees in and then tamp the clay back in with a sledge handle...I can lean them any direction I want and I don't need Sakrete.

Can't exactly move 'em around much, but it seems to work very well. I'll keep moving up the bank as water rises in spring. Just hope the water comes up and covers most of the dang things eventually. Wife's pretty tired of staring at my "tire reefs" and other "structure" in the older pond. Structure's getting to be a dirty word in our house... ;\)
© Pond Boss Forum