Pond Boss
Posted By: Flame how to hook phone charger in my skeeter boat - 03/09/20 10:53 PM
Something strange just happened on my boat It is an older 20 ft. Skeeter and has a cigar lighter plug built in. When I plug my phone charger adapter into it the little green light lit up (after I turned on the power switch). but...when I hooked my phone to it my phone set off some kind of buzzing alarm sound and on the phone screen it read REMOVE PHONE FROM CHARGER!!! Never seen this before!! Any ideas what is going on and how to fix it?? Samsung 7 phone. Charges fine in the house and on the same adapter in my motorhome.
Reversed polarity.
Is that all it could be Snipe? I thought maybe moisture somewhere but like I said it works in the house and the motorhome.Would not everything on my boat be reversed polarity then? Everthing else on the boat is working fine.
I've seen this before. Not everything you plug in needs to be polarity sensitive, a phone does. The receptacle likely has the center lead going to ground with the outer hot. The phone system knows reverse polarity and stops it from charging (or worse).
If it was an aluminum boat with metallic console you would have noticed it fairly early on.. :-))
Well, I'm just not going to use that outlet for my phone. Might just buy one with clips to hook to battery in case I need it. I was just going to use it in case of emergency while I'm out on Big Sam Rayburn or Toledo Bend. Thanks for your help.
© Pond Boss Forum