Pond Boss
Posted By: Clarkekoi Weighing down geosynthetic fabric - 03/21/18 03:41 AM
Building an almost 1 acre pond. Mostly for swimming + boating / floating. I'm concerned about damage to the HDPE liner from the neighbouring turtles, otters and muskrats et al.

I would like to put geo throughout the basin but that floats. I can put rock down on a fair bit and also thinking a concrete / mortar mix to weigh it diwn but are these my only options ? Is there a sinking protective fabric ? Are people seeing damage from animals with there liner installs ?

Thanks
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Weighing down geosynthetic fabric - 03/22/18 01:04 AM
Clark,, sorry but I know zero about liners
Posted By: Clarkekoi Re: Weighing down geosynthetic fabric - 03/22/18 01:24 AM
thanks anyway Dave !
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Weighing down geosynthetic fabric - 03/22/18 12:12 PM
Hi Clark,

I don't have a liner but can offer what I've read here on the forum while you wait for someone who knows what they're talking about to respond. smile

I think folks typically cover their liner with 1 to 2 feet of soil, gravel, etc. to protect it and keep it in place.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Weighing down geosynthetic fabric - 03/22/18 12:55 PM
Clark, I recall a Pond Boss mag article by Mike Otto about liner installation. Contact the PB office and ask about purchasing that. Actually, very few members here have liners.
© Pond Boss Forum