Pond Boss
Posted By: DonoBBD Tiller? - 01/15/18 02:17 PM
Dose anyone have one of these or any experience with one? We need to get a new rototiller for the farm and gardens and was thinking of one of these units because of all the attachments we can add to it.

If you do what size is best for a base unit with out attachments?

Cheers Don.
Posted By: RAH Re: Tiller? - 01/15/18 03:07 PM
I bought one of these with only the brush mower attachment. It was a beast to handle and I sold it back to the dealer. I have not used BCS with a tiller but hear they are excellent. I use a 3-point-hitch tiller behind a tractor. My advice is to think whatever attachments you might need and try those out before buying for that reason.
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Tiller? - 01/15/18 06:28 PM
I have a 5 foot 3 point hitch tiller for the tractor but we are looking at replacing the small tiller with this rig.

In the spring the garden plot can be too wet still for the weight of the big tractor but be fit enough to plant if opened up with a small tiller.

Cheers Don.
Posted By: bryani289swmi Re: Tiller? - 01/16/18 01:33 AM
Hey Don,

I have a 6' 3 point Landpride and bought a 16" Troybilt last summer. It looks similar to what you are considering. I've never run it but the wife and kids say they like it. We bought it more to get between plants and rows and it works well for that. Good luck.

Bryan
Posted By: tallryan610 Re: Tiller? - 01/16/18 02:04 AM
I have a BCS 722 model. Absolutely the best Tiller made for the size. Mine does not have the cultivating gear which would be a huge bonus. I also have a Troy Built Horse and the BCS will dig to China if you let it vs the Horse. Very good for planting after use. Note that it will make such a fine powder out of the soil the water can have a harder time penitrating unlike tillers that make various sizes of dirt chunks.
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Tiller? - 01/16/18 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: bryani289swmi
Hey Don,

I have a 6' 3 point Landpride and bought a 16" Troybilt last summer. It looks similar to what you are considering. I've never run it but the wife and kids say they like it. We bought it more to get between plants and rows and it works well for that. Good luck.

Bryan

This is the plan. A tiller for between the rows would be nice. Looking at this one because each tire has its own brake to steer it between the rows. I hate fighting our old solid axle unit.
© Pond Boss Forum