Pond Boss
Posted By: tim k Show your dock/deck/casita at your pond - 03/15/17 02:18 PM
Getting ideas for a dock/deck/casita at our pond - who has pics of what you have done? Saw this online and thought it was pretty cool

Posted By: DrLuke Re: Show your dock/deck/casita at your pond - 03/15/17 02:42 PM
[img:center][/img]
Posted By: snrub Re: Show your dock/deck/casita at your pond - 03/15/17 06:05 PM
Now that is just cool.

I have some old grain bins around on a couple farms about like that. Never in my wildest dreams thought about doing something like that with them. Turned out good.
Posted By: tim k Re: Show your dock/deck/casita at your pond - 03/15/17 06:40 PM
actually I did not build that - the pic is one I saw online and saved because I thought it would be cool to build one day by our pond
Posted By: MarkECIN Re: Show your dock/deck/casita at your pond - 04/09/17 05:35 PM
I like it. Very rustic.
Here's my little dock. It's just upwind from the feed retaining ring. The pond is about 5 inches low. The dock is 39 inches wide and almost 13 feet long. Fathead minnow pond is in upper right.

Attached picture Dock_20170409_140726.jpg
JohnF You have a very practical and functional dock. That is a nice feeding ring you built.
Posted By: stickem' Re: Show your dock/deck/casita at your pond - 04/10/17 12:15 AM
Originally Posted By: DrLuke
[img:center][/img]

Very nice, Dr. Luke.......
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
JohnF You have a very practical and functional dock. That is a nice feeding ring you built.

Thank you sir! The ring is 3" DWV thinwall PVC 2.5 ft x 10 ft inside dimensions. Very functional. That post beside my dock near the center holds my rain gauge. It's been mostly empty for almost two weeks now.
Very nice dock. I've been wanting something similar myself.
Posted By: Cisco Re: Show your dock/deck/casita at your pond - 04/10/17 05:11 PM
Here's mine. I didn't build it, it was there when I bought the place. it's due for a remodel this year.

Posted By: DrLuke Re: Show your dock/deck/casita at your pond - 04/10/17 06:37 PM
Originally Posted By: stickem'

Very nice, Dr. Luke.......

Thanks Charlie!
Posted By: DrLuke Re: Show your dock/deck/casita at your pond - 04/10/17 06:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Cisco
Here's mine. I didn't build it, it was there when I bought the place. it's due for a remodel this year.

Wow! Awesome pier! That baby is begging for some fishing and fun making..
Cisco, that is a beauty... What do you plan to remodel on it?
Posted By: Cisco Re: Show your dock/deck/casita at your pond - 04/11/17 08:34 PM
Mainly the handrails. The guy that built it has some openings that swing up and leave an opening in the railing. They don't latch very well. Only thing I can figure is that it was for getting in/out of a boat but at full pool, the water is a foot or so below the deck. That and a few boards here and there. It just needs a little TLC
Posted By: Rainman Re: Show your dock/deck/casita at your pond - 04/12/17 12:16 AM
Originally Posted By: Cisco
Mainly the handrails. The guy that built it has some openings that swing up and leave an opening in the railing. They don't latch very well. Only thing I can figure is that it was for getting in/out of a boat but at full pool, the water is a foot or so below the deck. That and a few boards here and there. It just needs a little TLC

I'd love to enjoy fishing from that beautiful dock rather than maneuvering around it, or turning it Lime white! smile
This is our fire pit and dock. We use a canvas Sun shade for the summer just tie it up with 4 ropes and it shades really well.

Attached picture 20160524_135424-640x481.jpg
Mine is still under construction. Have to finish the hand rails, gazebo roof (8 sided with birds nest), seating and drop ladder from the lower fishing section. I have 500' of #6 to run for 30A 220V service and will run water as well for a cleaning station and outdoor shower.

The pond was just completed last August, stocked with minnows, bluegill and redear last mid October and blue and channel cat just a week ago. The last rain we had a week ago finally filled it to where I want it (after this picture).

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=470067&#Post470067

Attached picture 20170305_135605.jpg
Here is mine with a couple kiddos on the end trying to dip net minnows. lol

Attached picture image1.JPG
Posted By: tim k Re: Show your dock/deck/casita at your pond - 04/23/17 01:19 PM
very nice - I like that
Posted By: ToddM Re: Show your dock/deck/casita at your pond - 04/23/17 01:26 PM

© Pond Boss Forum