Pond Boss
Posted By: John Fitzgerald New Google earth pics - 04/26/16 06:16 PM
Taken 3-5-16. About 10 inches below full pool. The dirt to the lower right of the pond is the sludge that was taken out at renovation middle of last August. Forage pond was finished last November 24th. Main pond measures exactly 1/4 acre. The rectangle floating in the pond is my pvc food containment device.

Attached picture ponds 3-5-16.jpg
Posted By: RC51 Re: New Google earth pics - 04/26/16 08:48 PM
Yeah here is my pic. I had no idea till this pic at full pool that my pond is actually heart shaped.... ha who would have thought.....

RC

Attached picture Land pic from google.PNG
Posted By: Zep Re: New Google earth pics - 04/26/16 09:49 PM
That's cool RC51....love all your trees too!
Posted By: BrianL Re: New Google earth pics - 04/27/16 08:14 PM
Man I thought mine might be updated...... No such luck.

Looks great.
Posted By: ozarkfisher Re: New Google earth pics - 04/27/16 08:23 PM
well crud the update stops about 30 miles from my place.
Posted By: Flame Re: New Google earth pics - 04/27/16 08:38 PM
Just got mine updated. Will try to figure out how to upload a photo.
Posted By: Dan123 Re: New Google earth pics - 04/28/16 02:57 AM
I tried it on my KOI pond. But the Oak trees are in the way. I did see the 3 Palms we put in. Dan
Posted By: highflyer Re: New Google earth pics - 04/28/16 03:21 AM
Ours was not updated for nearly four years, then it was updated twice in four and a half months.

You never know when the satellite is looking.
Posted By: John Fitzgerald Re: New Google earth pics - 04/28/16 03:36 AM
It's a plane. I actually saw them doing the photos once a few years ago. I was at my remote weekend cabin doing some maintenance and in the photos could see my vehicle and other things out there. I remembered seeing the plane doing its back and forth from a moderate altitude after I saw the Google Earth update.
Posted By: highflyer Re: New Google earth pics - 04/28/16 04:03 AM
John,

It can be either and it is both. Google buys imagery from a lot of different sources. Once a satellite is up, it has years of useful life and costs less than aircraft to operate.

Your county commissions aerial photos for tax purposes as well.
Posted By: John Fitzgerald Re: New Google earth pics - 04/28/16 04:19 AM
Originally Posted By: highflyer
John,

Your county commissions aerial photos for tax purposes as well.

Doesn't do much good. Pretty easy for a small building to hide under a big pine.
Posted By: highflyer Re: New Google earth pics - 04/28/16 01:34 PM
agreed
Posted By: RC51 Re: New Google earth pics - 04/28/16 08:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Zep
That's cool RC51....love all your trees too!

Thanks Zep I thought so too once I saw it? I was like hey my pond is a Big Strawberry!! LOL or Heart... whichever you prefer... In the pic you can see my new lean to and my new fishing shed and my truck is there so I must have been there when they did there fly by..... I was probably fishing.... smile My floating feeder is not I the pic tho so I must have been right before we did all that....

RC
Posted By: Flame Re: New Google earth pics - 04/28/16 09:40 PM
how did ya'll get the google photos onto this site? I would like to put mine on here.
© Pond Boss Forum