Pond Boss
Posted By: 2Old2Soon It's Been a Little Wet Lately..... - 04/24/14 06:30 PM
I went to the farm last week to finish the dock and build the approach ramp. Normally April is a dry month, but not this year.

Feb 28 2014

April 15 2014

April 20 2014
Did you shoot a grade for your walkway off the top of the drain pipe?
Posted By: Bob-O Re: It's Been a Little Wet Lately..... - 04/24/14 09:11 PM
2O2S that is a nice lookin pier which soon turned into a nice lookin wooden island. Couple of pluses, 1 your not in Indiana so the hard freeze didn't crush it. 2 If ya have FHM in there they have a great spawning structure. If ya got a pond and don't have any funny surprises ya shouldn't have a pond. Most fun about a pond is learning and I'll bet ya have a few more learning experiences.
Posted By: 2Old2Soon Re: It's Been a Little Wet Lately..... - 04/25/14 01:01 AM
I didn't shoot it, I SWAG'd it! The water level in the Apr 15th pic is just above the drain pipe. This is not a complete surprise, I was just hoping this was an epic rain event that I'd see on very rare occasion. I left the piling tall for this reason, I'll raise the pivot point about a foot before I build the approach ramp. I was trying to keep it as low as possible to minimize the gangway incline during winter low water. Just trying to make it easier on the old folks.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: It's Been a Little Wet Lately..... - 04/25/14 03:11 AM
Wow great photos - many on the forum would love to have this precipitation problem. Wearing waders in order to access your island is a first for me.
© Pond Boss Forum