Pond Boss
I was going to make a floating swim platform to either attach to the front of my fixed dock or to anchor in the middle of the pond. What is the minimum size for stability? Can anyone recommend a good hardware and float kit for a DIY floating dock?
Here is one of several websites that sell floating dock hardware. Floating Dock Shop I saw alot of these items and thought they were overpriced so I made them myself. Yea, I saved a little money, but if I have to ever do it again, I'll just buy a kit! As far as what size, that is preference. I have a 12x12 floating dock. You could probably get away with a little smaller, but there is plenty of room for fun!
Roba here is a DIY site that i used to build my dock. It gives you instructions on how to build a 8x8 floating dock/platform out of 55 gallon drums and treated wood. I like mine!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Floating-Dock-with-Barrels/
That's a great step by step dock, Joker! That may well form the basis for my dock when I build one, though I'd probably go bigger just because, well, I'm a guy and if 8x8 is, 12x12 has got to be better! Thanks for posting that link - made dock building more logical to me than anything else I've seen so far.
No problem Todd3138 any thing to help some one do it there self is a valuable tool cause it can be passed on many many more times!
© Pond Boss Forum