Pond Boss
Posted By: Zep Otters Strike Again! - 09/11/23 06:55 PM
Video footage reveals the adorable culprit responsible for stealing over $125,000 in Koi from an English spa 🦦

Over the past few months, the Grosvenor Pulford Hotel near Chester, England, has been mysteriously losing Koi from its Asian Sensory Garden.

More than 50 of the fish, valued at over $2,000 each, disappeared before security footage caught the thief red-handed or red-pawed, as it were.

The otter was able to sneak past hotel staff and through an electric-fenced area to pilfer the fancy fish, but it must have been worth it because he came back at least 50 times.

Posted By: Sunil Re: Otters Strike Again! - 09/11/23 07:05 PM
Things are so damn cute!!!! What a shame!!!!
Posted By: esshup Re: Otters Strike Again! - 09/11/23 08:32 PM
It hit the electric wire, and the wire moved but it didn't get shocked. Either the power was off or they need a much stronger electric fence controller!
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Otters Strike Again! - 03/02/24 04:03 AM
We currently have otters. Neighbor is trapping them. Season lasts until end of March here.
Posted By: FishinRod Re: Otters Strike Again! - 03/02/24 03:21 PM
Sorry about the otters.

Can't they be trapped as a nuisance on your property after the official trapping season ends?
Posted By: SherWood Re: Otters Strike Again! - 03/03/24 01:52 AM
Conservation here in Missouri said I could rid my lake of them if they get in it. Not sure how Illinois handles it. I've had it happen twice over the years and it's something I dread now that I've reworked my lake and have it stocked and working how I want it again.
Posted By: gehajake Re: Otters Strike Again! - 03/04/24 04:06 PM
Yeah Im afraid the conservation will be missing an otter or two, unbeknownst to them, if I get a chance at one in my lake, season or not.
Originally Posted by SherWood
Conservation here in Missouri said I could rid my lake of them if they get in it. Not sure how Illinois handles it. I've had it happen twice over the years and it's something I dread now that I've reworked my lake and have it stocked and working how I want it again.

Yeah Im afraid the conservation will be missing an otter or two, unbeknownst to them, if I get a chance at one in my lake, season or not.
© Pond Boss Forum