Pond Boss
Posted By: Quarter Acre Poo ID - 10/25/18 06:25 PM
So, this chunk o'stuff was left on the top of a handrail post at my dock last week (4 feet tall post). I actually think it is more likely to have been regurgitated rather than defecated, but I thought I'd throw it out their for the community to comment on. It was entirely made up of crawdad exoskeleton parts and when I flipped it (yes, I touched it) it fell apart into all the little bits. There was nothing substantial holding it together nor was there any smell.

It was 1 inch wide and almost 2 inches long...

Whatever it is, its eating my crawdads!

Attached picture ID me please.jpg
Posted By: JKS3613 Re: Poo ID - 10/25/18 07:02 PM
Looks like an Owl pellet to me.
Posted By: roundy Re: Poo ID - 10/25/18 07:03 PM
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Poo ID - 10/26/18 12:54 PM
+1
Owl pellets usually are a loose collection of bones, cartilage and other leftovers from what they have been eating. Commonly a mix of mice, small voles, or of they are near a pond you will see frogs, toads or crayfish.

Since this one enjoys your crayfish, it would be cool to set up a game camera or 2 on your dock and you will probably get some cool footage!
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Poo ID - 05/17/19 07:42 PM
Here's another Poo ID for you all. This was found on top of my hanging fish feeder. The first photo is "as found" while the second one shows the pile disturbed to better expose the contents. The two balls in the first photo area about ping-pong ball size. Anyone know the depositor? Whoever dealt it sure likes to eat beetles.

Attached picture Poo #1.jpg
Attached picture Poo #2.jpg
Posted By: Tbar Re: Poo ID - 05/18/19 09:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Quarter Acre
Here's another Poo ID for you all. This was found on top of my hanging fish feeder. The first photo is "as found" while the second one shows the pile disturbed to better expose the contents. The two balls in the first photo area about ping-pong ball size. Anyone know the depositor? Whoever dealt it sure likes to eat beetles.

Looks a little like what I found on my dock. It had fish scales in it.

https://i.ibb.co/KzXGprb/IMG-9434.jpg[/img]
Posted By: JKS3613 Re: Poo ID - 05/18/19 10:16 PM
All regurgitated owl pellets, they just ordered off of different menus. lol
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Poo ID - 05/20/19 07:11 PM
Once again, I have misidentified "pellets" as "poo", but I think I'll leave the thread title as is because one of these days I'll get it right.

My place has a fair population of barred owls so this all makes sense. Thanks for the participation JK and the added photo Tbar.
© Pond Boss Forum