Pond Boss
Posted By: R&R New Visitor's - 04/03/14 12:03 PM
These Hooded Mergansers showed up last Saturday. There was 5 total and they stayed around all day. Sorry for the low quality pic's they are about 250 yards away taken on an I-phone through a spotting scope.

Posted By: esshup Re: New Visitor's - 04/08/14 12:49 AM
R&R. Were they in the glare of the sun? That may be a reason why they look the way they do.
Posted By: esshup Re: New Visitor's - 04/08/14 12:59 AM
Here's a picture that I took when I was in Colorado Elk hunting. It was taken from the lodge porch. Samsung S4 thru the spotting scope. The elk were just a hair over 1400 yds away. They ARE a lot bigger than the Mergansers tho!!! grin

Posted By: R&R Re: New Visitor's - 04/10/14 02:28 AM
Esshup, Yes definitely in the sun. But that's the first time Ive ever tried that. I found it very hard to center up.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: New Visitor's - 04/10/14 02:42 AM
I tried to do that one time in the deerstand watching an eagle eat.. put it this way he ate the whole damn snake before I could even get a recognizable pic so I commend you on the pic lol.. oh and I was doing it through one side of a pair of binos..
Posted By: esshup Re: New Visitor's - 04/10/14 02:59 AM
BGK, a buddy of mine used the video mode and one side of a pair of 10x40 binoculars to video me shooting a Pronghorn at 300 yds. It turned out O.K.
Posted By: MSC Re: New Visitor's - 04/11/14 11:57 AM
Cool pic from such a long distance. They are eating the small fish and other forage in your pond.
© Pond Boss Forum