Pond Boss
Posted By: CMM New pond visitor. A fly fisher!!! - 06/28/18 11:40 PM
My cousin, Logan, is here for a weeks' visit to fish. He took to fly fishing last year on a short visit. Now he has his own fly rod and is catching fish! We are also taking advantage of lax child labor laws to get him to drive me around and build a new dock, in return, he fillets the fish we catch.

Attached picture rodbglogan.jpg
Attached picture loganfillets.jpg
Posted By: snrub Re: New pond visitor. A fly fisher!!! - 06/28/18 11:44 PM
Nice male BG.

Work him hard. I had three young grandsons help me build our dock. It does them good.
Posted By: CMM Re: New pond visitor. A fly fisher!!! - 06/28/18 11:52 PM
snrub,

He seems willing and happy to work and learn. He was home alone today and the clip came off the trolling motor wire to the battery. He was stuck in the middle of the pond on my mini pontoon with no power. The boat is sweet to fish off of, but hard to paddle! He texted me and followed my instructions calmly to get the clamp back on the wire. He laughed and said it would be a good story to tell when he goes back to school.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: New pond visitor. A fly fisher!!! - 06/29/18 01:01 AM
CMM, that's very cool. He's learning fly fishing early, and a whole new fishing world will be available for him.
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: New pond visitor. A fly fisher!!! - 06/29/18 09:03 PM
Great story, Cim!

Luckily I had some PBr's teach me how to fly fish as well! including you in YOUR pond smile

Logan has a great teacher!

Attached picture fly fishing Cim's pond 2.jpg
© Pond Boss Forum