Pond Boss
Posted By: CMM First fish of the year! - 01/31/16 09:34 PM
After setting structure and cleaning fly line yesterday, I thought I should hit the water while the weather was still decent. First fish of the year was a plump 10" bg. Caught on a 4 wt with a bead head nymph in 6' near a big but old brushy place.

A couple smaller fish too in about an hour.

I'm ready for spring.

Cmm
Posted By: Bob-O Re: First fish of the year! - 01/31/16 10:12 PM
Had ta be a good rush.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: First fish of the year! - 01/31/16 10:16 PM
Congrats CMM! 10" BG are a blast!
Posted By: CMM Re: First fish of the year! - 01/31/16 10:22 PM
Yup, fun it was. They are not as aggressive in the cooler water it seems to me. But he did pull. Now, in 8 weeks or so, when he is defending his bed and women, that will be another story.

Cmm
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: First fish of the year! - 01/31/16 10:35 PM
Way to go, Cim!

I knew you were very accurate with that fly rod, but from what distance were you able to hit that hole in the ice? grin

I'm jealous you still have open water!

And I know what you normally have clipped to your hip, but apparently it wasn't your camera????

You know how we love pictures whistle grin
Posted By: CMM Re: First fish of the year! - 01/31/16 11:09 PM
Ah, I was fully equipped, but I really suck a getting pics on here. Besides, then you will notice that it was a REALLY big hole in the ice and not that tough of a shot!

Bg wasn't real pretty, pale in color with very little noticeable markings. Will try for a photo in a bit.

Cmm
Posted By: stickem' Re: First fish of the year! - 01/31/16 11:37 PM
CMM,
There is a tutorial in the archives with regards to posting pics. I read it a half a dozen times (to no avail), then esshup had to come to straighten me out...don't feel bad.
Posted By: CMM Re: First fish of the year! - 01/31/16 11:46 PM
Thanks for the support Stickem! Im with you, I have read the tutorial again and again. I don't "host" pictures anywhere, they are all stored on my own computer.... And it irritates me, because I KNOW I have done it before, I just can't get it done again....

I will sit here and cuss, maybe an adult beverage will refresh my memory. Or make me stop cussing.

CMM
Posted By: stickem' Re: First fish of the year! - 02/01/16 12:06 AM
CMM,
You have to open a Photobucket account online. It doesn't cost anything.....just sign up at the Photobucket.com website. Then, you can upload pics from your computer to photobucket. From that point the instructions in the archives will make more sense. It's not real hard to do...just a little confusing at first.

...adult beverages NEVER made me stop doing anything...
Posted By: Bill D. Re: First fish of the year! - 02/01/16 12:06 AM
As far as I know, you can't imbed a picture from your computer into your post. I always just go to Full Screen Reply, hit File Manager at the bottom and browse in my computer to the pic I want. It doesn't imbed the picture directly. You get a XXX.jpg in your post that folks have to click on. Kind of a pain but the pic gets available. On the flip side, the imbedded pictures folks post are great until the link to them gets corrupted and then they are lost. There are lots of old posts where that happened and the pics are just gone. Those xxx.jpg pics always stay viable.
Posted By: CMM Re: First fish of the year! - 02/01/16 12:47 AM
Ok, Thanks Bill D. But, when I "reply" to a post, like this one, I don't have "File Manager" at the bottom of the page. I tried the full page button, like you said, still no FM button. Or are you talking about on the Photo Gallery thread? That's the only place I have ever found a "File Manager" button.

I know what you mean about lost pics. I get disappointed sometimes looking at older threads with pics that are gone now.

Heck, I'll put my little BG on Facebook and leave my FB user name in a post shocked

CMM
Posted By: Bill D. Re: First fish of the year! - 02/01/16 12:58 AM
Dang! I just tried about 6 other threads and the FM is at the bottom when I hit "Switch to Full Screen." The only thread it doesn't show up on is your thread! Did you maybe click on something you shouldn't have when trying to post the pic? Try a couple other threads and see what you get.
Posted By: CMM Re: First fish of the year! - 02/01/16 01:41 AM
I'll try a few Bill.

As far as doing things I shouldn't, well, that has been an issue at times.

Cmm
Posted By: CMM Re: First fish of the year! - 02/01/16 01:46 AM
Yup Bill,

I just checked out a couple other current threads and they all have a fm option on replies.
I have no idea why there wouldn't be one here, but I probably turned something off that should have been left on.

But, now I know how to post pictures on random posts.....
Cmm
© Pond Boss Forum