Pond Boss
Posted By: April Newman second fish I need help identifying.... - 06/11/12 12:49 AM
Well, I can see the attachment of the picture I posted earlier on another thread was actually on the post so I am hoping others can see it too!! I think since I am posting pics correctly now I want to go ahead and post another one... I have another small guy I want some input on.... A little info on where I am getting these fish... I have a spring fed pond in the back yard. The spring has so much water coming out of it that the over-flow from the spring & pond creates a nice size "creek" that travels down through the rest of our land and out through the subdivision that borders our property. My son and I have minnow traps that we set in this creek to catch minnows and crawdads... its fun for the both of us and he "sells" what we catch to my Daddy's fishing/golfing buddies.... I have a small plastic pond (like the ones from lowes people use for ornamental ponds) in my greenhouse and we keep anything we catch with these traps in there till someone is wanting them... These minnows/fish are what we have been catching lately... Again, I am wanting to make sure what we have here.... anyone know?? Thank you!!

Attached picture FISH2012.jpg
Posted By: sprkplug Re: second fish I need help identifying.... - 06/11/12 01:04 AM
The tiny opercular flap makes me think Redear, perhaps an immature Bluegill though.
Posted By: ewest Re: second fish I need help identifying.... - 06/11/12 01:51 AM
BG
Posted By: Omaha Re: second fish I need help identifying.... - 06/11/12 01:57 AM
Bluegill.
I was thinking BG too... Thanks!!!
© Pond Boss Forum