Pond Boss
Posted By: SENKOSAM A lure you can make from another - 10/20/18 02:10 PM
I posted different lure designs that fish bite. Modifying soft plastic lures is limited only by the imagination.
Posted By: adr Re: A lure you can make from another - 11/15/18 03:01 PM
In my younger days in North west Iowa I lived a couple miles from the lake. Full of very big bluegill and sunfish. I had little or no money most of the time being only 10 at the time. I took split shot and put on the front of hooks and took a scissors and cut hair off our German Shepard and tied to hook. Sometimes tipped the hook with a piece of garden worm. Put on a bobber and went to the lake. Could not keep the hungry fishes off the hook. My father chewed me out telling me our dog would be naked if I did not stop. Also, when I was older and drove my old beater car to the lake I noticed when I slammed the trunk of the old 52 Chevy deluxe trunk shut all the sunfish and bluegill jumped out of the water. INTERESTING.
Posted By: DrLuke Re: A lure you can make from another - 11/15/18 03:58 PM
Originally Posted By: adr
In my younger days in North west Iowa I lived a couple miles from the lake. Full of very big bluegill and sunfish.

Was it Storm Lake? I'm from Cherokee and my wife from Storm Lake.
Posted By: Zep Re: A lure you can make from another - 11/15/18 04:27 PM
Originally Posted By: adr
I noticed when I slammed the trunk of the old 52 Chevy deluxe trunk shut all the sunfish and bluegill jumped out of the water. INTERESTING.

stuff like that is weird...we had a covered lighted dock on Lake Fork here in Texas and every time we turned the lights off at the end of the night....instantly the water would churn for like 3-5 seconds....not sure why or what was going on....but fish would immediately hit the surface for a few seconds when lights suddenly went off
Posted By: Mfitzs70 Re: A lure you can make from another - 11/15/18 04:35 PM
Maybe the bugs that were attracted to the light dispersed and some fall into the water. Free meal
© Pond Boss Forum