Pond Boss
Posted By: Flame wish I would have had a video of this!! - 12/17/17 02:05 PM
Just an observation and kinda funny story. Yesterday I was down on my pontoon dock watching the feeder go off and the cnbg feeding. Always have a school of about 2 inch cnbg that stay right at the banks edge waiting for any food or even dust particles that get pushed to the bank during feeding time. On many occasion I have watched my Florida lmb slam into them for a quick meal and have left some cnbg completely up on the bank on dry land. That in itself is really fun to watch but... yesterday was Karma and first for me. About a 2 pound lmb slammed into the school of cnbg at the edge of the pond and THE BASS ended up on the bank high and dry!!! Funny as hell to me. I just let him flop around for about 1/2 minute until he made his way back into the pond. Wonder what he must have been thinking just happened?!! Just wanted to share the story.
Posted By: Tbar Re: wish I would have had a video of this!! - 12/17/17 02:32 PM
Wow......That is Kool !!!
Very cool! That is like the Orcas that intentionally go after seals in the surf and wind up with a mouthful but out of water. They also eventually work their way back into the water.
Makes you wonder.... maybe that bass has done it before!!??
Posted By: snrub Re: wish I would have had a video of this!! - 12/17/17 02:56 PM
The bass was probably thinking "oh shoot,,,,,,,, this is embarrasing,,,,,,,I'll never hear the end of this back at the brush pile!"

I have seen them almost do that but not quite be stranded. Always wondered if it would happen one day.
Posted By: KapHn8d Re: wish I would have had a video of this!! - 12/17/17 06:00 PM
Great story and I best was cool to see! Don't feel bad... I almost always completely forget there is a video device (phone) in my pocket when I see cool stuff. My wife and I saw the biggest bobcat I've ever come across and it stopped in an easement opening for us to get a minute or so of great looks before slipping into the woods... and THEN I remembered I could have video'd it. /sigh
Posted By: Bill D. Re: wish I would have had a video of this!! - 12/17/17 08:57 PM
I've seen the same thing. You are right. Very cool! I've seen minnows jump on shore when being chased as well. A couple years ago I found a 7 inch YP freshly dead stranded about 8 inches from the water hung up in some taller grass. I've always wondered whether it was the hunter or the prey!
I've found a dead 2 lb LMB on the shoreline near the feeder with no marks (aka GBH beak bites)... I've always assumed he got a head of steam up and found himself out the pond and couldn't find his way back in.
© Pond Boss Forum